Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Do I hear Strawberry Alarm Clock? Iron Butterfly?

(*Hennies cracks up at the thought of broodies passing a joint back and forth and blowing smoke rings..."Like Wow, man, these eggs are like...HUUUGGEEE"*)

I am doin Ok, I have been out in the cold for 2 wks straight all day, so I am a little frazzeled. On the good side my big nose didn't get frostbitten.

AL

Figured you had been workin.....you are tough.... I think working in the cold is as tiring as working in the heat.....maybe I might like the heat better? Could be because it's January... Was going to go to Blanchard, but I think it's too cold to haul birds...at least the 100 miles back home... but then Teach is gonna haul his farther in more cold...what do ya think...O Sage One?
old.gif

Quote:
Grace...I have a pair of SS Hamburgs that I is in the bunch of downsizing I'm going to be doing after this snow mess is over if it will help you any.

Are they Bantam? I would defiantly be interested if they were
love.gif

Quote:
I also will be hauling birds both ways in the bed of the truck, I just take some small precautions like wrapping the cages in a tarp with bungies and they do just fine. You know me I don't do birds in the cab, except very young chicks. Chickens do better than most people think during transport in cold weather, if they are protected from the wind they are happy.

AL

Quote:
I can see it now............. Your DD leaves her door open, your bedroom door is open, it's 3:00 am and the rooster hopps up on your belly and crows loudly proclaiming he is King of the hill LOLLLLLLL. I would love to see the look on your face, not to mention what Carolyns reaction will be.

AL

I am done with the cold. Everyone is invited to my house for a pool party tomorrow - It is supposed to get up to 40 degrees.

I'm sorry for those having water/pipe troubles - I don't think I am having any troubles but I hear when pipes thaw there is a whole new slew of problems that might occur. I have the water running in a little stream on all my fixtures on an outside wall. If you do this remember to open both the hot AND cold taps - and a drip may not do it in this weather - must be a thin but running stream. I've been under the house, out in the well house, in the crawl space, etc. more than once with a blow dryer - I feel for you who are dealing with it!

Muesky - I like your brooder - very well done!

I got called in at the last minute to work the Monster Jam monster truck shows last night and tonight in Tulsa. I'd never been to one. They handed out earplugs to everyone, which should have been a clue...but they forgot to pass out air masks to protect from the fumes and stuff. Good thing I was in the A/V booth behind glass. They had a couple of really futuristic "Transformer" remote vehicles that drove out and opened up into weird things and "fought" each other with pyro effects. Anyway, it was all fun (for about 9 minutes). People pay money to go to these things, apparently. I'm glad I got to see it, since I've never been...once would have been plenty but I guess I'll go back tonight since they're paying me. Maybe a truck will tip over.

I'm not done catching up yet...

I use to watch every show that came to the fair grounds when I was a teen & have seen all those trucks. I like you only needed to see them once. What is up with them calling you last minute?? Do you only do certain events (hockey)??

City, My first date with hubby was to the tractor pulls at the OKC fairgrounds, inside the arena - 27 years ago. I had thought we would see "real" tractors rather than souped up monster trucks and things with tires as tall as the ceiling. The noise was deafening and the fumes gave me a terrific headache - we left before it was over. We got married in May of that year, and have never been to a tractor pull since.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Come on up to Blanchard, we will have fun and you can sell your roosters and take home a turkey for eye candy in your yard. We can all sit at the back of the room in our insulated overalls - and hopefully we will want to unzip the legs and pull off any jackets because we are too warm.
lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom