Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving our new chickens...

The New Roo and our Established Roo of the farmstead are not in agreement as to who is Top Dog so we have them seperated at the moment... but for the most part all the chickens are getting along great... I think it helps that its a nice day though...

and I must add the Barred Rock we got I named her Betsie and I will not say SHE LAID a EGG for US... NOR DID SHE push her beak and roll the egg underneith her almost broody like while I was inside the coop organizing it...... ha ha ha
woot.gif
I think I will name the egg Pb&j ha ha

Jeannie

Last edited:
Quote:
All these disclaimers you have been reading are far from the truth....It's actually worse that they say.... back in the day I never would have bought a rooster!! Al MADE me do it!! I like to say our thread is like your local mental ward.....sorta like Silence of the Lambs....Don't get too close to the bars....

My rooster is still awesome and Tommy Boy seems to have survived the night in fine fashion... (Fat man in a little coat!!)... will get pictures out after I go get spiritual on the git-tah!!!

Whoa, whoa, I seem to remember Al trying to remind you, that you don't like roosters.
sad.png
But you didn't listen. Even moved from the group to do your bidding.
sad.png
I think you are a closet Roo lover.
lol.png

Al, can you believe she threw you under the bus like that?
idunno.gif

Quote:
But better does. And raw milk is better on so many levels.

I will tell you this... I never met a daryman who would drink store bought milk, and I've been around a few in my time.

Quote:
But better does. And raw milk is better on so many levels.

I will tell you this... I never met a daryman who would drink store bought milk, and I've been around a few in my time.

I have to agree, when I was a kid I lived in this lil valley kinda place where we owned 20 acres, we raised beef cattle, our neighbors down the gravel road raised sheep and just yonder across the way was the Sarvenski Farm they were tried and true dairy farmers.... they supplied some of their milk for Challenge(you can find the butter here) but they drank their milk fresh from their farm.... It was neat we almost had our own lil co op going on amongst the families...

Jeannie

Well looks like I am on KP cooking duty today, I had a choice either going to the mall with teenage girls and wander around hopelessly aimlessly without a cause or stay home by myself with my cold ones and some playoff action on the kitchen tv. What would you do LOL.

AL

Quote:
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I AM SO ENVIOUS!!!!!!!!!
tongue.gif
I hate missing out on good clean fun. Darn too far for us to drive. Come spring we're going to drive down to our daughters and then come on down to Blanchard. Everybody better be there when we do. LOL

Quote:
Grace....Sorry
bow.gif
...You are totally right. I guess because they are such a small bird I thought they were bantam. After I went out to take a look I realized that.

Quote:
All these disclaimers you have been reading are far from the truth....It's actually worse that they say.... back in the day I never would have bought a rooster!! Al MADE me do it!! I like to say our thread is like your local mental ward.....sorta like Silence of the Lambs....Don't get too close to the bars....

My rooster is still awesome and Tommy Boy seems to have survived the night in fine fashion... (Fat man in a little coat!!)... will get pictures out after I go get spiritual on the git-tah!!!

Whoa, whoa, I seem to remember Al trying to remind you, that you don't like roosters.
sad.png
But you didn't listen. Even moved from the group to do your bidding.
sad.png
I think you are a closet Roo lover.
lol.png

Al, can you believe she threw you under the bus like that?
idunno.gif

Jer-man if I coulda got away with it I woulda been in the front row. Bidding gives me horrible anxiety attacks. First I am always afraid I am gonna bid on the wrong thing... then I can barely make out what they are saying so I am afraid I will pay a hundred dollars for someone's used up old hen....
roll.png
I always wanna beg AL to bid for me, cause he has the mean italian look that makes em run!!! I think that they see me coming..... Look! Bidding newby...let's get 'er!! I was so stressed I thought I was gonna barf!!

ETA: Hey...at least I didn't pay an arm and a leg for cartons on the internet!!! (*This time*)

Last edited:
Quote:
That is my biggest problem with Cement. It is so loud and echo-y that I have a spitting headache after just a little while. Last night was just right for me. You could carry on a conversation and still keep up with whats going on up front.

By the way, GREAT to meet everyone last night.

Al, quiet is good for now.
wink.png
Its better than, I wish that smart a$$ would shut up!
duc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom