Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I also had a white cochin that was the best broody mother. She was the head mother hen and kept everybody in their place and was very protective and watchful of the babies. She was lost to the dogs too.
sad.png
I miss her!

I would be outside today and I keep trying, but the wind is too cold. It feels warm if you can get in a place where the sun is shining and no wind. However we are in Oklahoma and when the wind is blowing it seems to about blow from every direction. So I am trying to warm back up sitting on the sofa with some covers and catching up on the posts. Well, I just got caught up and now I don't know what to do next, bcs I am too cold to move.

Last edited:
Quote:
hay teach about your post the other day you don't come over so fare is fare
tongue.gif

And who went to who's house last? Yeah... I went to yours! Doesn't matter if you weren't there and your wife was excited! Okay...maybe it was to steal plumbing parts but I like to start rumors! You gotta see my ducks!

Well, my life since Tuesday has be hectic!!
I bought a gorgeous Blue Merle Australian Shepherd (registered) female at the Durant poultry auction. By noon the next day, she had already terrorized my chickens. This required her pulling out of her collar and leash, jumping the chain link fence, and breaking into a chicken pen. She did not kill any (which is thanks to the fact she had been with chickens at her previous home), but she surely pulled a ton of feathers!
barnie.gif

Thankfully she did not get into any of my fanciest birds, and not any that I planned to show next week!
Needless to say, she went to a new home today.
I think next time I'll start with a puppy.

I gotta vent...

people ask for help and such on here but don't want to hear the truth. I posted on the thread about feeding corn...not realizing where it was going...I should have stopped and ran but just couldn't stop myself. I need to go back to my policy of only posting here

th.gif

Quote:
NO HEAT! NO HEAT!! I feels good for a minute but makes it worse in the long run. Ice Ice Baby.
smile.png

Ok all you chicken smart folks,

I have about 5 chickens that are starting to "sneeze" and sound congested.. like they have a cold... Started off with one which I noticed the other day but thought it was from adding new hay into the coop... Now I have 5 that are doing that... including our bantam .... Chatterbox.... ..

Any suggestions on getting them well?

Jeannie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom