Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had this same problem, im sure NNbreeder will come through and tell what to buy. Belive he recommended me ls 50, dont remember the dose. Probly an upper respiratory infection, lots of us okie's chickens been getting those. Is there anything draining from the nostrils?

Quote:
The one chicken we noticed it first has what appears a clear runny nose...
hmm.png

Quote:
Jones does sell cows. Most that I have seen go through there were meat cows and an occasional Holstein, but the person with the best idea of what goes through the Jones auction would be NNbreeder's wife, Teva. She and her mother seldom miss attending the Jones auction.

If you can't find a jersey at the Jones auction, let me know.
I have a friend that works the OKC cattle auction and if one comes thur,
he can get it before it hits the scales. A lot better price too.

That is GOOOOOOD to know. I have a Jersey Cow right now that I'm waiting until she's far along enough to bump. If she's not bred, she's going into the freezer...and we'll need a new milk cow.
smile.png

Quote:
Set your display settings so that your pages each contain 75 posts - that way it doesn't take so long to get caught up because you don't have to read so many pages.
big_smile.png

Just did this. wow. I might be able to keep up now. lol

Quote:
Had the same problem with my Cochins recently. Treated with ACV, Clabber and super-cleaned their waterers. Cleared up overnight.

Do guineas hiss? I have a guinea that was making a hissing sound when my husband picked it up. It didn't strike like the older bunch does when you try to touch them. I thought it sounded like it was having problems breathing. I checked his nostrils and they are perfect. Yeah one of my lavenders is a male! He is starting to get the large horn and bump on his beak.

Quote:
i second that! folks need to learn and if you don't share, how can they learn???

have a question for you all...rumor has it that hanging CDs will discourage hawks, sooooo, how far apart ? and i don't want to run off the wild jays i feed either.... hmmmmm

Evening ya'll

Took my youngest to the rink too.

I didn't get to enjoy any sun shine today. By the time I got home the wind had turned cold & I didn't want to stay outside.

Edit to put cold instead of good.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep LS-50 at the dosage rate of 1 tablespoon per gallon of water for a full 7 days. If you are good at injecting you can give Tylan-50 at the rate of 1/4cc for bantams or 1/2cc for large fowl twice daily and give for four days after symptoms disappear. If they haven't turned around by the end of the second day swap to the LS-50.

Quote:
If you can't find a jersey at the Jones auction, let me know.
I have a friend that works the OKC cattle auction and if one comes thur,
he can get it before it hits the scales. A lot better price too.

That is GOOOOOOD to know. I have a Jersey Cow right now that I'm waiting until she's far along enough to bump. If she's not bred, she's going into the freezer...and we'll need a new milk cow.
smile.png

Ever preg checked a cow? A vet will usually do it fairly cheap and it's better then doing the wait and see game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom