Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Emma is a polish?? U know I shouldn't say this but Yonna is
in LOVE and has room....

Well, were does Yonna live? I'd be happy to sell, as long as I can get another Black Crested White that won't eat the eggs. Preferably a chick, I'd love to raise one from a chick~!!!

Yonna and Beth are in Jones
I am not sure that raising a chick will guarantee that they won't become an egg eater as an adult. Didn't you start out with Emma as a chick?

Evenin Ya'll,

So today after work I went by the local lumber yard and picked up some lumber (duh!) then spent a few hours building one of these, it's not done just yet as I only had about an hour & a half to work on it. Can you guess what it is?

39717_dsc06362.jpg

By the way.... this is all Poultry&Bees fault, she made me do it
big_smile.png

Quote:
Well, were does Yonna live? I'd be happy to sell, as long as I can get another Black Crested White that won't eat the eggs. Preferably a chick, I'd love to raise one from a chick~!!!

Yonna and Beth are in Jones
I am not sure that raising a chick will guarantee that they won't become an egg eater as an adult. Didn't you start out with Emma as a chick?

I think Emma came from me, but she wasn't an egg eater here.
hmm.png
What a naughty girl!

Quote:
Sounds like you have worked hard all day. How is your back doing?

It killing me and my massage therapist has a hurt arm so Im out of luck, but it is worth it to have some organization
wink.png
. Its been driving me nuts having so many birds in the garage and having trouble reaching the brooders with them being stacked.

Does anyone raise Bantam cochins in the shawnee area? My father in law picked up a pair of black hens (as he has a very nice black frizzled bantam cochin rooster) at P.O.O.P.S. and one died today. In just about 3 hours. It was fine when I left, and when I got back it was dead. ??? Anyway, he is lookin to pick up 2-3 more young black bantam cochin hens/pullets. Thanks
smile.png

Sorry to just disappear earlier. I was at work and suddenly I went from zero to four kids. I didn't know what hit me. Actually it was two grown men and a teenage boy. They dropped the young ones off and said bye. They had to take care of the cattle. We had the kids last program of the year tonight. It went really well. I was so proud of my daughter when she proved to everyone that she could put her ankle behind her head. Too bad she was wearing a dress and sitting on the front row. I was also proud of my son. He looks so cute on stage singing Disney Princess songs. Their school chooses a theme every year and all thing revolve around this theme. This years theme was Disney. All shirts, sales, activities, and programs were Disney related.

Quote:
It is a top bar hive!!!!!
love.gif
wee.gif

I have been wanting to try one of those and have a set of plans. They are wonderful for making comb honey as the bees will draw out the honeycomb from the underside of the frames and since there isn't any foundation inside the comb, you can eat the entire piece of comb without running into the wires that are inside most wax foundation.

I think that a top bar hive would be ideal as a first hive, particularly if you are going to begin with a captured swarm of bees.
wee.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
It is a top bar hive!!!!!
love.gif
wee.gif

I have been wanting to try one of those and have a set of plans. They are wonderful for making comb honey as the bees will draw out the honeycomb from the underside of the frames and since there isn't any foundation inside the comb, you can eat the entire piece of comb without running into the wires that are inside most wax foundation.

I think that a top bar hive would be ideal as a first hive, particularly if you are going to begin with a captured swarm of bees.
wee.gif

HA! I knew you would know what it is. I've been studying everything I can find on the web and there is LOTS out there, tons of videos on how to do everything. So now I'm looking for a bee package or a top bar NUC. This first hive will be done tomorrow so I needs some bees!!

Game Chickens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom