Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Hi Perry, Where do you get you feed? I usually get mine at King's. It used to be D&D but it changed about a year ago. I guess we are sorta neighbors. How close did the tornadoes get to you?

Monty

Quote:
I have the pure Ameraucanas that you are looking for (but we already talked about those
smile.png
). I also have the Polish, OEGB, and Japanese breeds you are looking for.

Quote:
I won't over do it. I would like to at least get back to normal.

I did say the garden was doing well, but at least it isn't a lost cause yet.

I did get that recipe finally & made it as soon as I got it so yes I am ready to have ti again, I think I could eat just that & nothing else for a meal.

Quote:
Hi Perry, Where do you get you feed? I usually get mine at King's. It used to be D&D but it changed about a year ago. I guess we are sorta neighbors. How close did the tornadoes get to you?

Monty

I get the chick starter at Kings (D&D). Right now I don't need anything else because all of my flock are 2 week old chicks.

the tornadoes missed me by miles. Loves is/was 3 miles away from me, and SE-59th at XXX is about 3 miles away. We got lucky.

Quote:
Sooner,

When people are starving, they move closer to the food.

You guys need to move closer to the auctions.

Hi-Jacker

Would love to or at least be free enough to come to a few. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

Quote:
Sooner,

When people are starving, they move closer to the food.

You guys need to move closer to the auctions.

Hi-Jacker

Would love to or at least be free enough to come to a few. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

We understand that you have had the weight of the world on your shoulders lately with Grandma and the hospital runs.

If it wasn't for all that we have going on right now and me leaving, maybe we would think about taking on the task of building another

auction closer to your part of the state. As it stands right now, we can't take that onto our plate. Maybe you could pass around the idea

and someone would step up to start one for the eastern part of the state. Who knows, once I get back and retire from the Army, maybe

Peaches and I will think about it. You never know.

Kenny Kvittum (Langshanman) is having auctions
the second Saturday of each month at Chouteau.
We haven't been to one yet, but will be soon.
We have GOT TO bring this bird situation back
under control.

I don't know the exact address, but it's held
in the previous auction building, (white concrete
block building on the south side of Old Hwy 33,
just about a mile east of Hwy 69 in the southern
end of Chouteau.

I know Kenny has been on vacation up north
for a couple of weeks. Will see if I can find
out for sure that he's home and that the
auction is on for this month and the rest of the
summer.

Have a good one !

Quote:
Which Columbians? I have standard Columbian Wyandottes and bantam Columbian OEGs. THe columbian OEGBs we just got and I think they are pretty but will probably be working on making them alittle shorter and wider. The rooster is taller and smaller in the chest than I like them to be.

As far as the menu, we have already started. We took all scrap wood and cut tree limbs and sapplings, piled them up and started a fire. Next I am on to weed eating parts of the yard that I cant mow right now for fear of what is under all the tall grass. It is going to be alot of weed eating and will definiately take more than 1 or 2 days. But the bright side, I either get to burn more stuff or get rid of more stuff, and I wont have to weed eat that much again since I will be able to use the lawn mower the next time. Now Im off to change into jeans and tall rubber boots so nothing bites me while Im weedeating(I ran over a snake with the lawn mower yesterday so I know they are out there).

Quote:
Carl and I will be there! Of course, its summer. Isnt that what you are suppose to do during the summer, go to every auction you can find.

We went to Lexington Auction Monday night and came home with a motorcycle trailer that will haul 3 motorcycles for $60. I think we did good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom