Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
well, it is scabbed over and have put new-skin on it, which has antibiotics in it- so will see how it goes- it is an old cut that the roo reopened on her, so i probably should have waited to put them back with the main flock...sigh.. i have a feeling this is going to be a problem for her- might have a separate pen for a flock of girls....

I vote for the glue, works good on people. I saw your banner ad at the bottom of the index page. Cool!

Thanks! hope it generates some interest-

hot- yep! i grew up in san diego, they have desert heat there- i think i prefer that to the muggies!
hu.gif

off to get some stuff done..,.check with you all later!​

I have to run too, back out in it. It was 114+ yesterday. I hope that everyone has a great Independence Day, enjoys the freedoms that we have, and is thankful to those that fight/have fought for our great nation. Enjoy the weekend all.

DONT FORGET THE NEWCASTLE AUCTION IS THIS SATURDAY! SALE STARTS AT 4 AND WE START TAKING CONSIGNMENTS FROM 9-THROUGH THE SALE!

Well so far we have several things already consigned.
Here is just a few!

Humid Air Incubator - Holds up to 5000 quail eggs
Moonlight Hatcher
Quail Brooders
Quail Cages

We also have several RIR laying hens
White soultans
white wynnadot bantams
RIR roosters

and much much more!!!
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE SATURDAY!

Quote:
Lots and lots of the old game breeds. Many of them named for the breeders that initiated and prolonged the lineage.
I tried to list all I had heard of and came up with about 30. There are many more than that.

Monty

I have been running errands and just doing stuff.
Kronk is cavebound so I haven't heard from him today.
I think he is worn out from all of the cave drawings he had to answer to.

How are you? How goes the quest to return to your homeland?

Quote:
Gerald and I plan to be there. This will be my first opportunity to attend the Newcastle Auction.

I've heard from many fellow members and other auction-holics about this auction. I've seen many local poultry auctions experience some growing pains, and most have been able to improve through time and trial & error. From what we'veGerald and I have been told by Jamie, they have listened to feedback from attendees and they are making the necessary changes to improve the auction. I hope so & wish ya'll the best of luck.

We intend to take some baby chicks, turkey poults, hatching eggs and fresh veggies. If I'm really lucky, I'll get to visit with many BYC Okies there too
wink.png

Hey everyone,

Busy Busy down at our place we are, with a big part of that busyness being accomplished by one of our own BYC Okies ....
Just want to send a big shout out to Jer-man for coming out to our place these past couple of days and working with Jason on tearing up the roof... YOU DA MAN... I mean Roo

Please tell your wife we appreciate her sharing you with our family and that we have enjoyed meeting and getting to know Chloe she is a spit fire, We looking forward to seeing ya'll Saturday.

Got family that just got into Oklahoma that will be visiting us for a few days and help lay the new roof on(one of my older brothers) He is a city boy and we hope to make him at least a weekend country kid before him n his family roll out back to colorado on tuesday.

any how hope you all are having a nice thursday

Quote:
Yes, it works great on dogs and cats ... it's the main ingredient in the once a month Heartguard for dogs & cats for heartworm & takes care of other worms too, except for tapeworm, I think?

I give my dogs 1cc of injectible ivermectin per every 75 pounds, but give it to them orally. They think it's a really good treat when I give it to them in their canned dog food. I usually only give mine ivermectin a few times a year, as I prefer to rotate any wormers. I think maybe the pour-on might be more effective in combating fleas & ticks, but not really sure how long it lasts.

As for fleas on dogs, I've found Comfortis to be a great flea prevention product, although it is quite expensive. Once a month chewable tablets! available thru most vet's offices.

You really want to be careful when giving Ivermectin to cats. I've read that you can easily overdose a cat & I sure would hate to kill any of my kitties. I have used Ivermectin on a few of them, and put it in their ears. Here's a link I found helpful for giving ivermectin to cats: http://www.pandecats.com/x/ivermectin-dosing.shtml

I'm
just glad that I found out about using Ivermectin pour-on for our birds. It really does help control mites, lice and worms on them. Of course, we don't know what the long-term effects may be on them .... well, I hope it's not too hazardous for humans, because I sure seem to get it on me quite often. Well, at least I don't have worms
lol.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom