Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well despite all act of prevention, we lost two rabbits today so far, have ice bottles out and lots of water, it is too hot, the air is hot, PLEASE!!! Everyone be careful in this heat today and take extra precautions for the animals!!!! Lynn

Quote:
You guys are such good people! I have never seen an auction do that...EVER...and I have seen a lot...just goes to show you how awesome ya'll are!
I was glad to see the pix of your auction...since I have never been, it gave me a look at the facility which looks very nice. Gotta love pole barns and covered arenas!

Quote:
When I read about the car repairs, I had visions of Kronk wearing the car around his waist like Fred Flintstone. Have a great day, Monty!

Yes I wear/drive a 2X Lincoln Continental.

hey monty are you stayin cool.i slipped to town to set at my daughters where its cool.i been lucky an not lost any thing due to the heat.our blue heeler has made up for it.she got her a new home with no chickens or ducks

frow.gif
Hi Okies,

Nothing much happening here. I am just passing time until quitting time. I'm playing with my chickens....taking some pictures. I sure do enjoy my itty-bitty ones. Here's a picture of "Baby"..she's not doing anything either. Just standing on a brick passing time. She weighs 9 ozs. I don't know how much the brick weighs, but a lot more than Baby.

45378_babylittle_guy_009.jpg

This is "Little Guy"...He is in love with Baby. He is trying to impress her by showing her his chest. (Typical male). I don't think she is too impressed. He can crow, but there's no sound...just a little "erk". Little Guy weighs 10 ozs.

45378_little_guy.jpg

Quote:
Hey Chuck! I'm doing good - trying to keep my head down and stay cool. I don't do well in the cold, so I can't say I'm ready for winter yet...but I'll be happy when we get a cold snap and temps get back down in the low 90s.

Quote:
I agree with all you have said. My sister in-law is a teacher in California and has made the transfer to home schooling system and so far so good. She even gets paid to have her own children under her. Mother in law teaches n Washington state and travels to help felling schools. Both make good money and it is hard to say how low our teachers and police get paid here. California tho is in hot water and things will not be pretty in the coming years is my guess. So as a mom I am thankful to be here.

Quote:
The dress I wore for POOPS last yr came from the thrift store also hehehehehe, it was a little big in the rear end but hey for $5.00 what the heck.
hide.gif

AL

Hello all. I received a phone call around lunch letting me know that I had also lost a couple of birds. Why is it that predators always go for the birds that you really like? I have a whole coop of birds that I'm not seriously fond of. They are just the egg layers. A darn snake got in my banty coop and got two birds. It got my white Frizzled Cochin pullet and a Serama baby. I guess that means that I have a Red Frizzled Cochin pullet to sale. She is my only Cochin left and lays a egg regularly. If anyone is interested, let me know. Jeannie I still have your ducks. They are waiting patiently for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom