Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally get a chance to chat and everybody is asleep. Go figure.

My beautiful wife is still sleeping and the rest of the gang won't talk.

Normally Al and Sooner are already up and on here.

Oh Where? Oh Where? Oh Where did my buddy Al go?

Oh Where Oh Where can he be?

Hope all is going well for you my friend.

Doc

Ms Donna How are things in Claremore?

I've heard that it has been hotter than you know where in Oklahoma lately.

Peaches told me that it was still 90+ degrees at 10 PM last night. It had

cooled down enough to finish the weed-eating after dark.

I am up on a mountain top whereas we can look even further up and see the permanent

snow cap. I can look down in the valley and the town looks like an ant farm and that is with binoculars.

Well lets see, today is another day & there is alot to get done.

I shall be making all kinds of phone calls & the dozer will be here to finish work.

I will need my friends to entertain me today so I don't think to much.

I hope everyone is safe in this heat & doesn't over do it.

Quote:
I have a pair of Silver Duckwings for sale. They aren't the best of the best, but the hen places pretty well in shows (like getting 4th out of 10 OEGB hens, and getting Best Variety). The rooster can't be show until he is dubbed, but that shouldn't be too hard to do
hu.gif

Making a slow start today. It took a long time to catch up on the posts from the last three days. Sorry to hear so many people have lost birds to the heat.

Rebecca - Sorry to hear about your SF girl. If she doesn't pull through, send me a message. I've got a little SF girl you can have not destined for a breeding program next year.

Ducks got a bigger pool yesterday. With as long as they all stayed in, they should have pruned feet. With all the pushing, shoving, and splashing, I'd say they approve of the new, larger wet space.

Morning everyone...

Not a whole lot happening except this here HEAT WAVE
sad.png
yesterday I started implementing something that may cause people to scratch their heads at, with the water for our chickens... I added a drop of 35% food grade of H202 in their water to see if there will be an improvement in helping to keep them cool and to see if there could be other benefits to this method. Something I had been wanting to do for a long time but wanted to read all about it first.

Anybody else doing experiments to help improve the lively hood of their chickens or livestock in general?

About the only thing that I have changed is making sure they have open containers of water that they can walk through. Yes I have to change the water out more often but they seem to stand in it to cool off. I have also put a shallow tote in the back yard for the dogs, they get in it often to cool off.

Hey Okies, tomorrow night, I am going to place an order at American Livestock for some waterers and Wazine. They have a Free FOB sale right now so I intend to buy a gallon of Wazine wormer for the chickens. I'm also going to buy some of the big waterers. I'm definitely going to buy enough to not pay the regular shipping fee, since shipping is free for purchases over $75. Anyway, if there's any local Okies that can meet me at a local auction that want to piggyback on my order, just let me know. Here's the link for their special for anyone that wants to place an order: http://www.americanlivestock.com/p-16649-free-fob-sale.aspx?utm_source=streamsend&utm_medium=email&utm_content=12393441&utm_campaign=FREE%20FOB%20for%20Big%20Savings

Oh
, and what I found with buying the Wazine 34 in the gallon size is that it's twice the concentrate of piperazine as the smaller bottles (Wazine 17) so you use half as much to dose the chickens. I found that out by looking at both of the bottles. The Wazine 17 only has 17 grams per 100 ml, where the Wazine 34 has 34 grams per 100 ml of the piperazine. Here's the Wazine link. http://www.americanlivestock.com/pc-1603-161-wazine-17-and-34.aspx

Well
it's time for me to go feed & water before work. Stay cool
frow.gif

Quote:
I was up and out of the house this morning at 5 am to feed and water everything while it was still cool. Went to bed early last night so missed the fun on here.

Teach - I thought about you this morning as I was brushing cobwebs out of my hair that I walked into in the dark. When the sun came up, I saw some really pretty spiders and their webs attached to bushes, the middle of my rabbit barn, etc. I just kept reminding myself that if there weren't insects around for them to eat, the spiders wouldn't be spinning their webs in those locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom