Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
caf.gif

first cup down, heading for second cup and lettin the ducks out- how is everyone this morning? i am ready for cooler weather- get this, southern california is having a record cool summer- why can't they send it this way???

Morning ALL YALL OKIES.

I made it back to Kabul this morning. Got a few pics to share. Thanks for the prayers.

42145_chapa_dari.jpg
Chapa Dari

42145_coolee_road.jpg
Coolee Road

42145_country_boundry_between_afgh_and_tajikistan.jpg

Afgh Tajikistan Border

No Fence needed, nobody wants in.

42145_khorgushi_pass_.jpg
Khorgushi Pass

More photos to follow.

Ol' Crusty

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't mind showing you how to process birds, chickens and Turkeys, and bring over my equipment in whatever way you think is best for you, but there is a homemade pie & Coffee fee involved.

AL

Quote:
I don't mind showing you how to process birds, chickens and Turkeys, and bring over my equipment in whatever way you think is best for you, but there is a homemade pie & Coffee fee involved.

AL

Hey Al,

That BarnSwallow can make good on both counts, the coffee and the home-made pie. And since I'm not there, you can eat my share.

lol.png

Great pics Doc! Thanks,theses are the first good shots a lot of us have got to see of the area over there. Sure not much to be fighting over is it!lol. I guess the fight is not over it but the cause. It sure is desolate.Has its own beauty tho. You be careful,thinking and praying of and for you often!

Morning everyone

Thanks Guys for the response on the help will keep you guys posted as to when we plan to do this.. course we got to get the chicks first.. ha ha

on a somber note... just this morning on my way to take our special friend to school our GP Jackson was hit by a vehicle. I did nt get to see the vehicle myself but it sure left my kids very distraught. Our elderly kind cowboy neighbor helped our Austin go bury him. Its one of those things in life.. I will admit I am upset with Jackson for getting him self killed and I am sad at the same time because he had been doing a great job of protecting our place as of late from Coyotes even protecting our elderly neighbors cows too..

100_3256.jpg

100_3565.jpg

Last edited:
I had a snake invade a coop last night and swallowed a three week old chick. He couldn't get back out of the cage, so he tossed his cookies and left. It wasn't a pretty sight. I have tried to be nice and not eliminate the snakes this year but now I might have to set the snake line.

Quote:
So Sorry, I'm going to go hug my dog.

Great Pyranees dogs have the sweetest personalities and I am so sorry that you lost yours. I feel like MJ and am going to hug my GP this evening.

Please give a special hug to your children from me - especially Austin. He had a tough learning experience today, burying a dog.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
I smelled a very musky odor on Monday night when I was shutting the shed where one of the brooders is located and turned on the light, expecting to see a snake. I didn't see anything, but on Tuesday morning, had half of dozen dead HATCHERY turkens (couldn't have been the ones I hatched out - had to be the "expensive" ones
barnie.gif
) that had been pulled through the bars of the brooder and gnawed on. I think we haven't caught all the young possums yet.

Have you tried putting wadded up bird netting around the perimiter of your coop? I was thinking that would be something I could put around the brooders, in case the next predator is a snake instead of a possum.
duc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom