Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
thanks
sad.png
Jason is taking it tough because he is out in the "field" and wont be home for another 9 days or so. Actually half the guys went to the field they kept the other half back and are making them stay in the motor pool but they still cant come home..

Jackson all though sometime he drove me crazy he was still a good dog and had been doing great at detering the coyotes from coming around. We will be looking for another GP or a flock guardian type dog probably soon because once the word gets around the predators I can see us losing some animals and I particularly dont want to lose our goats... or chickens ect even though we pin them up at night... Word around the road are folks spotting the coyotes during the day.. thats how hungry they are....
sad.png

I am placing an order for meat chickens... any suggestions?

Quote:
Betsy, dad and I were trying to decide where they would put everything, and we decided the arena would be best for the sale area, too!

Where is everyone at?

Good Evening. Been a while since I have posted.

Just letting everyone know that I am still kicking.

Just trying to stay cool.

Auction is tomorrow at Gorilla Tools in Chickasha.

I will be busy getting ready for that.

Peaches

hi Peaches!!
frow.gif

not much going on here, trying to keep cool, ready for cooler weather..

hey- any ideas on what kind of ducks these are? i thought they might be welsh harlequins, a pair, drake and hen, but apparently not as my pekin has eyes for the one i thought was a drake..
24037_mrnibs.jpg

24037_briget.jpg

I finally got caught up on all the posts. Teachers went back to school Monday, and today was our first day with students. The next couple of days will be difficult because so many kids want their schedules changed. I'm glad I'm not a counselor.

I haven't lost any more birds to the heat. I've been hosing down the pens, creating mud puddles for the chickens before I go to work. The ducks act like they are at a resort: swim, eat, drink, swim, sleep, swim, eat, drink. . . I hope they aren't lording it over the chickens in the pens around them.

Had a really nice visit with Rebecca (Muesky) when she came out Saturday. We got to spend some time visiting, and I'm happy to get to know this fine young woman better. So many wonderful people on Okies in the BYC!

Robin I think they are both harlequins,with that color there is a lot of varation. So I would start looking for a harlequin male. Once you see one you will realize the difference in sexes. How is Poser doing,any clue on breed yet?

More pics from Afgh

42145_looking_down_on_feyzabad.jpg

looking down on Feyzabad, NE Afgh

42145_munjan_valley.jpg

Munjan Valley

42145_munjan_deep.jpg

Munjan deep

42145_oshnigan_mountain_rom_hazret_sayeed_village.jpg

Oshnigan Mountain from Hazret Sayeed village west of the China border

I have more trips planned but have to filter out what can't be distributed.

Ol' Crusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom