Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning,

I am up and at 'em. Got a couple errands to run today.
Then going to try to get a couple things done at home.
The boys are wanting to got to a chickens sale so we will
be heading to Blanchard sometime today.

What time everyone else planning on getting tto Blanchard?

Peaches

Good Morning everyone, I think Heather and I will head out to Guy Rose Auction south of Stillwater and see what they have. Need to go get feed anyways, my baby Cuckoo Marans are growing so fast, can I tell the sex on them by color???? Anyone????? Baby Guineas are growing like weeds too, need to get them all outside, need to get their cage done this weekend if I can!!! Have a great day all!!! Lynn

Morning all! Went out to the barn before 6 this morning and enjoyed the "cooler" temp to get things done. Vern is waiting outside so I have to be quick.

Muesky--Maribeth said she is going to Blanchard tonight and would transport the pullet for me. Hooray for Maribeth!

I have already stripped and cleaned the big coop, and sprayed everything down with Oxine. That stuff is awesome! It sure keeps the odors down too.

I better get my fanny back out there with Vern...we are unloading 3x3x8 bales of bermuda this morning before it gets too much hotter. Horses gotta eat!

Have a good day guys and keep the electrolytes up!

Hi All! Haven't posted in a while........I need to sell some silkies and a few show girls. Seems like the one auction I go to is alway falling on a weekend I get to show horses (like the upcoming Labor Day and this past weekend in Wichita, KS). Can you tell me where and when something I might go to next weekend or the weekend after? THANKS!

Hi Everybody!

Well I am totally looking forward to the auction tonight. Got a few birds to load up to take with, which should be fun since I am going to have to stop in Norman and get new tires. One tire has a nail in it the other has tread missing. The tires are not that old, but with the road construction the tires just did not hold out. I so wish they would get it done, been working on it for 4 months and still no progress.
somad.gif
Hopefully it will be extremely nice when they are finished.
fl.gif

So I will be wearing a POOPS shirt just not sure which one. Probably which ever one is on the top in the drawer. I will be wearing a bandana, taking a page out of Maribeths wardrobe on comfortable dress, even though I do not have any sweat bands.

Jerry mentioned in his post they are going to have mottled cochins, I think I may have to purchase some of those, cuz I love those fluffy butted spotted birds. I have a little mottled cochin hen who is the funniest thing.

Better go get chores done before heading out. got to get birds loaded up and some cleaning to do.

Look forward to seeing you all there!
R

Quote:
morning sooner- I'm getting one from cuban, haven't heard from her this week yet- but will probably swap when i give her back her cockeral i have been rehabbing- you have one too???

looks like we are heading out to tulsa to see lizzy, one of the twins- zoey is still in the hospital, looks like they'll be sending her home on a monitor- so keep them in prayer- our car isn't airconditioned- so if ya find two melted spots on the seats of an old dusty neon- thats us...
th.gif

we'll need hydration!!
duc.gif

Quote:
Lynn, Usually you can sex them by color, the females are usually darker.
However I have hatched out a few cockerals that were as dark as the pullets. Cuban got one last year. I don't know if he stayed dark or lightened as they tend to do. I have one now that is about three months old and he is as dark as any of the girls. SANyway, not an exact way to tell but can give you an idea. How old are yours?

Quote:
Dang and I was hoping you could make this one, there will be a bunch of us at this one. But we all understand.

AL

Tell her we miss her and want to see her and all of yooo's guy's, that should work besides what the heck else is there to do on an OKlahoma Saturday night LOL. I am not planning on making any major poultry purchases just don't need anything and I may bring a few birds to sell, if I can catch them without stirring up a huge red wasp nest I just found in the main layer coop. Call me if you plan to come we will have our big gathering in the back as usual, lot's of fun and laughs, plus Gerald is coming and you know how much trouble we can get him into LOL.

AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom