Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Blanchard is a good place to buy. Fletcher is a good place to sell, although good for buying, too. Good prices, good crowd, decent variety. It is now my go-to auction. Meaning if I only go to one poultry auction in a month, it's Fletcher.

Partly because they don't sell junk.

So Al is auctioneering, huh? Well, he should do fine. He's the auctioneer for the POOPS thing.

So what happened to the other dude?

Quote:
I'll be there and will bring a few birds (a Dark Cornish trio and a Delaware trio), maybe some equipment.

So what's Al doing at the sale? I haven't been keeping up with the news.

Whatever it is, I'm sure he'll do fine.

you can take my million DC with you as well lol

Thanks, but I have plenty of my own to sell.
smile.png

Quote:
Blanchard is a good place to buy. Fletcher is a good place to sell, although good for buying, too. Good prices, good crowd, decent variety. It is now my go-to auction. Meaning if I only go to one poultry auction in a month, it's Fletcher.

Partly because they don't sell junk.

So Al is auctioneering, huh? Well, he should do fine. He's the auctioneer for the POOPS thing.

So what happened to the other dude?

Eric will be back. He will do the first part of the sale and then he has to head out going to California to move his wife's grandmother to Oklahoma. He will be back at next sale.

Quote:
Our sale has only been lasting about 3 hours tops. My workers run about 4 hours of stuff through in half the time. My sale starts at 5pm and it is first come first serve. Most folks been starting to bring stuff around 3pm. we do go in lot numbers and dont skip. We sell Eggs, baby chicks, poultry misc., vegetables and then adult birds and rabbits. All in the order they come in. you can call me at 405-664-5645 if you have any more questions.

Peaches

MM I seen you postd about cornish i no lot's of folk's around hear that have cornish....
[[[ BIRD MART ]]] [[ OKC ]]] [[ fair barn in the moring ]] Any one going all breed's of cage bird's dove's exs..
Back in the spring stinky pudle ranch bot me some c.ring's at the bird mart they work alot better than J clip's an are hard to find with out ordering them..

Ben reading alot on the net to night seen a post wer they are haveing a coon hunt in FT.cobb tomor night to see who get's to go to the World championship..
Chicken's are doing ok.. An the rabbit's i put thim out in a big pen on the grown an they seem to be doing good. I thot they mite dig hole's in the dirt but i ges it take's thim awile to lern how..I have a top on it to keep the owl out an the Buck's chase each other at night aroud they stay under a big tree in the shade all day. I got the idea from a man in verden that has his in a 4ft chainlink pen an he feed's his grasscliping's an stuff from his garden..

Quote:
So Peaches, what's the earliest someone can bring birds by the sale barn? Used to be 9:00 but you mention 3 above so just checking. Want to do this in the cool of the day.
big_smile.png

ETA
Never mind. Just checked your craigslist ad... see you at 12 noon.

Last edited:
Quote:
So Peaches, what's the earliest someone can bring birds by the sale barn? Used to be 9:00 but you mention 3 above so just checking. Want to do this in the cool of the day.
big_smile.png

I am up at the barn by Noon, but if someone wanted to bring them before, by all means, give me a call and I will meet you there before.

Morning Everyone!

Have not posted in a while, with school starting back, trying to get my class set up and general choas of life, just had time to lurk.

Today was supposed to be my day for sleeping in, unfortuately all the critters had other ideas, so here I am been up for an hour 1/2 already. Stupid animals and stupid me for having them.

Started working at the YMCA this week, which is really good. I need to loose some weight and it is really good for stress relief. Which I need, as well.

It seems this summer I have had some hard hits with the heat. Lost a faverolle and partridge cochin pullet two days ago. Tried to make sure they had access to the sprinkler and shade, just was not enough. My peachicks and baby turkeys are still in the brooder in the house because it has been to hot to put them outside. I think they are going to have to suck it up and go into the big grow-out pen cuz they are too big to be in here anymore.

Did let Vygotisky and Piaget out of the grow-out pen last night. Piaget is running around like the crazy peahen she is, Vygotisky is on the fence of the chicken yard looking around a bit confused. I forgot he has never free ranged, but he won't leave Piaget so I am not worried about him. Erikson is still to young to go out, plus I clipped his wings so he can not fly right now. So he is confinded much to his displeasure, which I hear about everytime I go out there.

Sure am going to miss going to the auction tonight. It is just to far and I have a ton of things to get done this weekend. Hope everyone has a great time and Al good luck on your debute. Does this make you a debutant? hehehe

Off to torment little birds and the rest of the critters souls. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good Morning everyone. Peaches have a great auction, sorry I can't be there maybe next month. AL you will do fine, just get up there & have fun.

I am in rescue mode this weekend!!! Taking care of my sister & going to a wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom