Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all havnt been on in awhile.i have lost abunch of young chickens in the past month.they were really weak an been finding them all over dead.i got ahold of a agri guy an he got acouple tested for me an it turned out coccasilous??? dont know the correct spelling.im feeding medicated feed now an dont have any others sick.i lost about 50 of my americanas i was going to build me another flock from.i still have a few babies coming off.lots of rir hatched out an 6 more dz hatchin today.

TJ's Na-Na :

Mornin' Okies ! Have been lurking as I can
and trying to keep up with the news. Has
been a busy summer here, but alas, seems
the "hurrier" we go...the "behinder" we get.

Pa-Pa (Bill) has been through a tough time
with trapped kidney stones. The "blasting"
process was not that bad, but the "bruising"'
was a real trip for a while afterward. All
seems OK now.

TJ has been back in school for 1 1/2 weeks
now....none too soon !!! LOL Thankfully,
he loves school. And, is going through
the birds trying to get them sorted for
the fall shows. The county fair is Sept.
17th and then the Tulsa State Fair is
the first weekend in October.

Any more of our BYC'ers showing at Tulsa???
The entries have to be in by Friday !

Have a good one !

Nana, Good to hear from you! Don't be such a stranger. I am glad Bill is better. Tell Bill and TJ hello.
Did you make it to the lake this summer? If Bill won't take you let me know and I'll come up and go to the lake with you.​

Quote:
Is that all you got? A weak hello and wave. You have to make a more significant post when you have been gone at Bus camp for a week.
Hi how are you? Sorry for the mimi rant.
How is life? How is Titus? How is the old cat? How is BFFFFF Russell? Jack? I gotta get that straight.
One of those guys. Which one are you with now?
Stay out of the sprinkler, you know you will melt!
Just to clarify because you are SUGAR not because you are a wicked witch.
I am leaving I have said enough.

Beth - For the Tulsa State Fair - The check-in is
Friday afternoon and evening. They judge all
day Saturday and, if need be, into Sunday
morning, do their awards deal, and cage-out
is around 2:00 Sunday afternoon.

Between TJ and Pa-Pa, and Na-Na "trying"
to say "that's enough"...... sent our entry
in this morning.........32 birds..........

Wish we had more BYC'ers that show birds
up here in NE OK. Talked to Kenny Kvittum
last week. He had planned to have a fall
ABA show at Pryor, but can't find any group
that will commit to help with it. Pryor has
always been a good "bantam" show. Anything
changes, I'll holler.

Have a good one !

Quote:
Is that all you got? A weak hello and wave. You have to make a more significant post when you have been gone at Bus camp for a week.
Hi how are you? Sorry for the mimi rant.
How is life? How is Titus? How is the old cat? How is BFFFFF Russell? Jack? I gotta get that straight.
One of those guys. Which one are you with now?
Stay out of the sprinkler, you know you will melt!
Just to clarify because you are SUGAR not because you are a wicked witch.
I am leaving I have said enough.

You are so funny. The bus plant week was long - was wishing Les or someone other than me had to sit through the 4-hour presentation on Allison Transmissions.

Life is Good - I know because I saw it on a t-shirt.

Titus the Jack Russell is wonderful but he's getting spoiled being in the house during these hot days.

The old cat is making another trip to the vet today - a follow-up so the vet can charge me big $$$ and say how astonished he is that the old cat is still alive and getting around.

Jack the Man is wonderful but he's getting spoiled being in the house during these hot days.
tongue.png

Thanks for remembering my delicate sweetness and reminding me not to get wet - I don't understand how even the thought 'wicked witch' could cross your mind when you're thinking of me...

I know down sizing is bad for anyone on this thread... but I have to be realistic in our long term goal life style vs the gotta have it all now mentality...

Everything going on at our place and our desire for what we would like to do here for now and then our pending future purchase(20+ acres) has to be thought out a little bit more properly... therefor our animals for now must be down graded and our auction visits down to bare none...

until we feel comfortable enough to pick up speed again

Actually we do have NN two in fact but they are not up for grabs... sorry... we are keeping some of our flocks just not all of them... lol

Good afternoon to everyone! Hope everyone is doing well and not melting away with this heat! Hoping for rain here tomorrow...we need it soooo very badly. You know when you are in a drought when you go to plow and get the fields ready for wheat etc. and you have to add a lot of weight to your equipment to even get it to go into the ground. You can go over things and plow a couple of feet deep here and there is absolutely no moisture in the ground at all! Which means more work for those of us having to get the gound ready. Sigh
sickbyc.gif

All my chicks are doing well and so far they are loving the misters by their pen!
clap.gif
I have been working on the big run the last few days and am trying to figure out exaclty how I want to expand it
ya.gif
Meanwhile the materials etc have been bought to build the new improved coop and I might be getting a shed from my dad in the next couple of months that will be made into another coop
celebrate.gif

Sorry to hear that you are having to downsize barnswallow...but at least it is not a huge downsize!
I hope to see you all in Blanchard on saturday!

Quote:
I sent Barnswallow a PM already LOL I hate to see a fellow addict downsizing it's tough I know but, I would be interested in up-sizing some LOL Still trying to get the wife interested in the birds more and she likes the duck and geese so maybe thats the best way to get her addiction started, I know that does sound bad doesn't it LOL

That is the first thing you learn at the PoultryandBees' "School for Enablers".

"Expose Them to Their Likes" is the first chapter in her "Intro To Enabling" textbook.

Fall enrollment starts soon so don't hesitate to sign up.

A few years ago my wife and I would take our lunch breaks together and grab a sack of some kind of bread off the bakeries clearance rack at Walmart head out to Purcell lake and feed the ducks and geese one goose in particular had the coolest personality and would head to the car as soon as we showed up, Jiena wanted to load it up in the car and bring it home I told her we wouldn't be able to afford food for it after we paid the fines for taking the goose home LOL So a seed was planted she liked the waterfowl still not too keen on the chickens (but working on it), Not sure the breed of goose but a good sized white one with a small knot over it's bill

TJ's Na-Na :

Beth - For the Tulsa State Fair - The check-in is
Friday afternoon and evening. They judge all
day Saturday and, if need be, into Sunday
morning, do their awards deal, and cage-out
is around 2:00 Sunday afternoon.

Between TJ and Pa-Pa, and Na-Na "trying"
to say "that's enough"...... sent our entry
in this morning.........32 birds..........

Wish we had more BYC'ers that show birds
up here in NE OK. Talked to Kenny Kvittum
last week. He had planned to have a fall
ABA show at Pryor, but can't find any group
that will commit to help with it. Pryor has
always been a good "bantam" show. Anything
changes, I'll holler.

Have a good one !

Have been so busy with fairs and school starting back up I haven't been on, but wanted to let Micheal D know one of the Sumatras I got from him at the POOPS took GR CH LF at the Interstate Fair and Rodeo last weekend. Almost every thing else went to a Kenneth Kvittum of Chouteau, OK. I'm guessing he's the same Kenny? Is he on BYC?

I didn't get to talk to anyone really with supervising the kids.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom