Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
update on poser, he has settled down and no 'episodes' in the last day or so, ornery guy! check out these photos-

4933774852_66049c5123.jpg

4933182519_ff8d934d87.jpg

spent the last two mornings working on the banty coop- barny seems to be mellowing out on the little intruder, covering the fence helped- we will start a new improved banty run tomorow, so hopefully that will help too- would hardware cloth work to keep them separate? that way at least they could see out?

The bands are definitely for identification. My flock has been NPIP tested 6 or 7 years, and none has ever been banded. I believe the only birds banded for NPIP purposes are those that test positive, are put into isolation, and need to be reevaluated.

Hope you can come up with the needed bands. Let us know how it comes out and how Annabell does with her birds. She's such a sweetie!

Evening Everyone!
Yes I am still alive. Barely! Been trolling the thread but not really had time to post. I have really missed my BYC friends, but life has just been so crazy with school starting back and going to the gym 5 days a week not had a lot of time to get much else done.

Tomorrow looks like a go on the Blanchard auction.
jumpy.gif
Not really wanting to buy anything (bird wise) but am looking for some waterers and of course a peachick or two if they are cheap enough. Still kicking myself in the butt for not getting those two last time.
he.gif
Like I really need more peafowl.
hu.gif
Plus getting to hang with the crew.
ya.gif

Matt sorry to hear about your silkie.
hugs.gif
I agree with the bringing her inside. Often if you have one hurt they get picked on a lot. I have a turkey in the house and two of the mottled cochins in the house right now for various reasons. Uli is not trilled but oh well, not going to waste good money if I can save them by bringing them in the house for a week or so.

Sorry I did not have time to go back and see how everyone is doing. Can I get an update on Stimpy. Last week I think I read that he was off the ventilator and was doing better, is he still improving. Everyday I include him and Lou in my prayers.

Well I am so tired my head feels like it is going to explode. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the auction tomorrow. Have a great night!
R

Quote:
King's Feed on Harrah road sells them but I don't know if they keep all sizes in stock.

Glad you recalled that. I knew they had the spiral plastic variety, but wasn't certain I had seen the numbered variety there (thought I did, but wasn't for certain)

I may have time to do this tomorrow...
If not im just going to make them with my own number...
Their are so few birds coming... Would anyone like to see
the old Oklahoma poultry club come back to life??

thank you all for the great info I am feeding her 17% protein feed with vitamins and electrolyte. (was feeding her now its scrambled eggs and yogart and a tad bit of oatmeal. V&E is in the water I give her. She is cooing now so at least she is happy and comfortable. I have been working with her I didnt bath her as I thought it might make her worse So I will do that first thing in the morning. been a long night here. What time is the auction start tomorrow?

Poultry starts at 5pm, it isn't hard to find.

Blanchard, OK J&J Auction
Second and Fourth Saturday of the month.
Poultry starts at 5:00 pm (Misc sales at 2, and then goats sale at 4)
At the Blanchard FFA Building 2500 S. County Line Rd.
Jerry 405-623-9293 or Jim 405-812-7552

Quote:
update on poser, he has settled down and no 'episodes' in the last day or so, ornery guy! check out these photos-

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/4933774852_66049c5123.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4142/4933182519_ff8d934d87.jpg

spent the last two mornings working on the banty coop- barny seems to be mellowing out on the little intruder, covering the fence helped- we will start a new improved banty run tomorow, so hopefully that will help too- would hardware cloth work to keep them separate? that way at least they could see out?

Are you sure that your poser is male? I have a Male Chinese Goose and his knob on the bill is much bigger than that... I am just inquiring...

Morning everyone, my chicks are doing great, guineas and Marans are growing like weeds, Have a Dom hen setting on about 10 eggs, hope they all hatch!!! Was up a4 am, could not sleep any longer, I hate it when i wake up early on tyhe weekends but i am so used to getting up at that time!!!! Guess it is a good thing I got up early as our computer is so slow here lately that it takes it forever to load stuff!!! but anyways, we are getting around now to go to the Auction south of Stillwater so better get off here and get around myself!! Later, Lynn
cool.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom