Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
sounds like everyone at your house should sleep well tonight, from exhaustion. It made me tired just to read all you accomplished today.

Sounds like we missed a good time in Blanchard this evening. I have to say however, that it feels good to know that I can go to bed without having to find a place to put whatever birds I would have come home with if I had attended the auction. Of course, if I find out that there were pheasants there that went cheap, I will kick myself for not going. Pheasants are the ONLY thing I am interested in finding at this time. We had a lot of everything else.

Next Saturday is a rabbit show in Duncan. I won't take any rabbits out of their cool barn if the temperatures are above 95 degrees, but I placed an order with the vendor and will need to go pick it up. Since it is the the first Saturday, I guess the auction choices will be Cement or Newcastle.

Hi Everybody!
Been home for a while, had to get some stuff around here done before getting on line then heading to bed.
It was great hanging out with some of the BYC crowd. Al thanks for the nachos and the pullet. Beth hope you had a great evening. Matt, wish we would have had more time to talk, call me you have my number. Renee, bless you for all you are doing, especially taking care of those boys. Donna a pleasure as always.
Not alot there tonight. Forgot to grab the post hole digger I bought for $3, hope it is there next time, if not, oh well my fault. Did get a handsome rooster that has the makings of a great addition to a millie fleur cochin project. Also purchased a beautiful white with silver dusting ameraucana pullet from Al. She is so sweet and lovely and will make a great addition to my ameraucana breeding program. Now if I can just get the solid white rooster I have grown, I will put her him. Oh and I named her Lacey, not sure why just seemed to fit.
Well I hear my pillow calling my name. Have ton of things to do tomorrow before heading out to the gym. Got to work off those nachos. hehehehe!
Have a great day tomorrow, everyone!
R

PS.
Maribeth I missed you at the auction tonight. It just was not as fun without my co-enabler to egg each other on. Although I will give Al and Sam credit, they were both encouraging during the bidding frenzies. hehehe

Quote:
Hi ther Greybear I havent seen Doublostud post in a long time but he did have geese an so did Tim.K dont rem. wat BREED it was,,

Had a great time at the sale the cool weather make's it nice's. Seen OldTownchicken's an bot some E.E's he had brot . Seen chicklooker an ther bunch from out west. b52fizle an Al an muesky she bot some rare looking bird's or i mite say color anyway.. Peach's an Hogdog .. An the cochin Lady from choctaw im so tire'd i forgot her name an the guy that is looking for colum,cochin's an lot's more BYC'ers .. MM's meat bird's brot a good prise but the rest didnt do that good at the end of the sale. One thing i can say they wer in good shape an clean.. Auction lover didnt have alot of junk this time an the sale went faster.. I didnt get ther tel 7 could not belev the prise's on some bird's tho..30 buck's each on thim bluelace W,dott's Half grow an the guy wontd 40each . Some one next to me said wat was that guy drinking. I told him they must have came from a good blood line .
Some geese brot 29 or 30 each they wer in a pet taxi an you couldnt see thim. They wer a pr of palm.geese.

Good Morning Everyone
frow.gif
, You're right Greybear I do and if my wife wouldn't kill me for even thinking about buying snakes I would already have some LOL
Was up late building a new gate in a frame out of scrap metal and pipe for one of my chicken areas and am heading out to finish it and visit with the new birds,
Poco Pollo sorry we didn't get to chat I was wondering if you were one of the BYC'ers I'm sure we'll get to meet another time I have enjoyed meeting the BYC gang thus far and look forward to meeting more of you guys I think ya'll all rock!.
bow.gif

While I was in the process of collecting the Barred Rocks I was handed a Silkey?? (I think it was)
love.gif
I am going to have to make a place to keep a few of those now LOL I think Jiena will get a kick out of them
(PnB, see, I am paying attention in the enablers course despite the spit balls LOL)
Hope everyone has a great day, we are outta coffee
barnie.gif
so will just have to go work myself awake
th.gif

Good Morning,
I had to visit with my new chickens already this morning. I gave them a treat of zinnia flowers. It seems to be popular. My 5 "older" chickens love them. The leaves seem to be as good as the seed heads and petals.

I enjoyed the auction in Blanchard. Over night I almost doubled my flock: 5 + 4 = 9. Wow! I hope when I have 50 I won't double that over night! (Did I say I will have 50 Chickens! - boy, am I glad my husband doesn't read this!!!!!!!)
Michael, Thank You again for the Rooster. He is really full of Mille Fleur color.

Michael and Muesky,
There is a Mille Fleur Cochin thread in the Breeds, Genetics and Showing section of the Index. Alot of the People with MFC project flocks post pictures of their birds on this thread. You can see how the type and color is coming along. Rebecca, I think the rooster you got last night will work well.
MJ

Last edited:
My brother is the one paid the big bucks for Al's big Blue hen. He just fell n lovewith her when he saw her. I did not knw that he wanted her that bad. Thanks Al for Light Brahma's. Still look,n for some Coliumbian Cochins, may have to order some chicks. Them Cochins sure wer going high. Loved them blue ones. My banty partridge did not do to well, but I was look'n to down size, not trying to get rich. This chick'n thing is a hobby not a business to me.

See ya guys later.

Good morning everyone! Here Bill have a cup of coffee on me
caf.gif
I needed to get one as well
frow.gif

My dad was moved to a regular room last night so things are looking up. He is back to being himself again mentally after they switched his pain meds from the narcotic to a lesser one dimerol. Sorry I couldn't make the auction! This is the second one I missed that I wanted to go to but with everything going on I just could not make it. But I will try to make it for the next one
fl.gif

Hope that you are all doing well.

caf.gif

Go to hear your dad is feeling better Ivyblaze....
Sounds like the auction had some money going
around last night thats good.. Now that its getting
cooler maybe I can get over their next time. I want
to pick up some small pet carriers.
Im cleaning out my barn... Sciatica has me moving
like hunchback and sitting alot... Its hard to get things done
in a chair... Oh well.... Better start now or I wont get done..
Have a Nice day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom