Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Be sure to post those "top secret" photos here Al, where they'll be safe!

LOL headed out there soon while I still have the right light..................... my Camera skills lacking attention to detail. I sure like your tree. My guess is those buyers you spoke of were looking to the raw wood as the cash cow in that deal. we sold some old growth walnut trees from our land in Arkansas to a buyer who sold them to Mercedes & Bentley those type of high end car manufactures for dashboards, trim and such, they prize good quality trees because they are so hard to find, they bring very good $$$$$, depending on the grade they assign it.

AL

Hey Beth back yrs ago this exotic wood buyer told me that when he went to Japan to buy some of their rare woods he said they ( the Japanese ) had an age old practice of artificialy creating the Burl and Birds eye effect in their wood. What they would do is bind or wrap the tree tightly with handmade twisted hemp in 3-4'ft intervals and then tighten them every 6 mo for 5 yrs then remove the hemp for 2 yrs then wrap it again and so on and so on. This would create some very beautiful burling and birds eye over the course of many many yrs during the trees growth.................. Just thought I would share it, I being a wood guy thought it was cool info.

AL

Quote:
They never did return our call so I figured they were out of them. Oh well, time to try to find an old friend in Tx. that had the O-Shamo. I think that is the big ones, hers stood 29" and were as sweet as can be. To humans anyway!

I just had a good laugh a few moments ago... one of the twins (boer girls) decide she is going to go into the run and nibble on some chicken feed only to have gotten her head stuck in the feeder ..... of course she was balling like crazy and running around in the run with that stuck on her head... Her mom and sister ran outta the run fast when they saw me coming along... the thief of course was caught and freed... Boy was she happy....

Now to clean up my mess in the mud room and start painting an old cabinet we are going to mount in the dining area... so I can move my old hutch into the Keeping room and use that to house the kids arts and crafts stuff...

So whats for dinner... anyones house cooking up something good enough for me and 4 lil kids to come over and eat with.. HA HA HA ...

I dont know about you all but when I am in the zone with projects and cleaning I really HATE COOKING it becomes a hinderence....

Quote:
Any sign of respiratory issues...rattling, coughing, nasal discharge? since you didn't mention it probably not....If there is I would say upper respiratory infection...if not I would say some form of conjunctivitis maybe...simply inflammation of the eye or eyelid. but I'm not an expert....My book says give some vitamin A and inspect litter so see if it is wet or has an ammonia odor ...Just throwing our suggestions
hu.gif

Those suggestions are right on track too.

Look for any debris in the eye especially in the front corner where it opens up to the sinus cavity.

Are there any bubbles in the front corner of the eye? Bubbles are a sure sign of a resp. illness and will often show up before the other symptoms like labored breathing.

In the livestock section of your feed store pick up some terrimycin eye ointment and use as directed. Same thing, basically, that is used for humans.

Quote:
And knowing Al I bet he hand hammered each and every one of those beautiful panels. LOL

And ya'll would not believe just how many of those ceilings that I have helped take down and haul to the dump during re-models of larger stores.
th.gif

hello everyone i been missing thr thread i hate not havin internet at home anymore.an i live so far out i dont come to town much.went to my buddy Johns wedding sat he over ordered ribs so i got a present of 5 slabs of ribs to take home.i been eating good lol
droolin.gif

Quote:
Any sign of respiratory issues...rattling, coughing, nasal discharge? since you didn't mention it probably not....If there is I would say upper respiratory infection...if not I would say some form of conjunctivitis maybe...simply inflammation of the eye or eyelid. but I'm not an expert....My book says give some vitamin A and inspect litter so see if it is wet or has an ammonia odor ...Just throwing our suggestions
hu.gif

Those suggestions are right on track too.

Look for any debris in the eye especially in the front corner where it opens up to the sinus cavity.

Are there any bubbles in the front corner of the eye? Bubbles are a sure sign of a resp. illness and will often show up before the other symptoms like labored breathing.

In the livestock section of your feed store pick up some terrimycin eye ointment and use as directed. Same thing, basically, that is used for humans.

Thanks NN that means a lot coming from the flock master!
bow.gif
thumbsup.gif
I just knew you would be along to help more than I could! You rock!

Quote:
And knowing Al I bet he hand hammered each and every one of those beautiful panels. LOL

And ya'll would not believe just how many of those ceilings that I have helped take down and haul to the dump during re-models of larger stores.
th.gif

Les : You lucky dog............. save that stuff it's gold Man.............. LOL Hand fit les was the only way on this one, worth it though LOL.
AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom