Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was the Newcastle Poultry Association Fall show
yippiechickie.gif
I had a great (but long) day. Besided getting to visit with people I knew from previous shows, I also got to visit with BYCers BoGarrett, Sjarvis, YonderOak, blackred..... and maybe others I didn't put a screen name with
smile.png

I took 16 birds, and 15 of them placed 1st or 2nd
smile.png

Large Fowl:
Blue Ameraucana cockerel - Reserve Class (AOSB), Reserve Variety, Reserve Breed, 1st
SCLB Leghorn hen - 2nd

Bantam:
WCC Polish pullet - 1st, Reserve Variety, Reserve Breed
WCC Polish cockerel - 1st, Best Variety, Best Breed
WCB Polish pullet - 1st, Best Variety
WCB Polish cockerel - 1st, Reserve Variety
Blue Silkie hen - 1st, Best Variety, Best Breed
Partridge Silkie pullet - 1st, Best Variety, Reserve Breed
Splash Silkie hen - 1st, Best Variety
Black Cochin hen - 1st
Black Cochin cock - 2nd
Crele OEGB pullet - 1st, Best Variety
SDW OEGB cockerel - 2nd
SDW OEGB pullet - 4th

Duck:
White Pekin drake - 2nd
White Pekin duck - 2nd

Quote:
i wish we were close enough to help!! you are in macalester, right? surely someone near you could help- or maybe an eastern oklahoma mini-poops to do a coop and penraising???

Well we made it back home about 5 this evening! Nice to be off the highway,traffic was really bad this trip!
Nice to get home and see all the birds doing well and the nest boxes full of eggs.

Cngrats Grace on the new winnings! You will have enough ribbons to make a quilt before long!
Great guniea pic Mrs.Robin. Are you and hubby doing alright?

Quote:
Hello everyone, I finally got caught up on the posts. Just got back tonight from our hunting trip.
Add Jared's name to the list for kids getting deer this weekend.
This is number six for him.
Congratulations to everyone who got one.
I can't believe I am still awake. I am pooped. I am heading to bed.
Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Quote:
It.... Did both of the chickens not make it there?

Sorry STeph both made it just fine, I am just so tired that I can't seem to type what I am thinking.

Quote:
hi wayne- doing fine- busy getting stuff done- winter is coming and trying to get as much done outside as we can- remember the injured guinea chick? well, we now have 2 'inside' guineas, one, scooter who can' walk, but kind of flaps and hops- and his buddy flash- being raised inside with lots of human interaction has been different as the normally 'wild' guineas remind me of any other bird like a parrot or whatever, took this photo of flash, and the camera did some weird focusing stuff
24037_flashsm.jpg

they have yet to get alarmed, so they are still at the quiet chirping stage-

then we have our poser- she has a crush on david i think
24037_poserphone.jpg

have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
Quote:
Congratulations Grace! I know I definitely saw your cochins and they were very nice a well deserved 1st and 2nd on those for sure.
So we went to the show and decided that we really wanted Blue reds which meant that one of the breeds we already have has to go, sadly enough the silver duckwings lost out
smile.png
If anyone is interested we will be selling our breeders and all of our younger birds.
It was great to see some of you guys at the auction and at the show
smile.png

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Glad to have you with us. This place is full of great folks. Check in often to see what is happening.
I live a little Southwest of Harrah so I guess we are neighbors depending on how far East you are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom