Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving. My Cowboys lost, but they conducted themselves well considering they were playing the defending champions captained by a 38 year old backup quarterback. They almost pulled it off.

We sold a number of processed turkeys this year, gave a few to friends, and felt really pleased gifting one to our pastor and his family. There must be some sort of tradition for that.

But the most special thing of all is harvesting and eating a turkey that you hatched and raised for this special harvest feast. Gives the term "thankful" added meaning.

Well we created the best thanksgiving dinner. for the first time in 5 years from start to finish we did it as a family. we processed all our meats for the big meal. It was a farm meal worthy of a King and at last I was blessed with that one moment in my life I have waited for where we worked as a family. No fighting no arguing. Just me teaching the girls how to chef it up and them listening and doing everything right without flaw.
I am so thankful to have such a wonderful memory on such a thankful day. I also appreciate being able to supply over half of our meals from okarche soil and pastures. And helping everyone understand lifes easier if you work together instead of play tug of war. Will post pics of a few of my plates
wink.png

We just got home from a HUGE family dinner. It was so cool, for the first time in a long time all the bros & sis's and all their kids were there in addition to all the older grown ups. We had enough food to feed a small 3rd world country and it was all delicious and most home grown. We had everyone from the newest born, to the oldest great grampa there, all the generations. Noisy, but very gratifying to see them all there. WOOOO HOOO!

Every one went shoping last night an said it was a mad house .. Had to get up so i could get Macy around to go hunting . See yah later..

Aren't you going hunting too Michael?? I'm sure you guys are gone by now & she is already in a tree. My DS isn't hunting much this year, so I don't know if he will ever get one.

frow.gif
Brrrrr. The Carhartt heavy jacket is going to feel good today. Anyone else going to the Prague exotic animal auction today or tomorrow?

I am going to meet the guy who has pheasant hens for sale and get some yellow hens from him this morning.
ya.gif

P&b if you can be sure and take some pics,love to see exotics! We had a Walmart deli Thanksgiving dinner! Went to take the MIL out for dinner but the wait was to long and she started acting up so we had to leave and take her home.Sad to see her get that way,the Alschiemers(wrong spelling) is really set in now.
We came back and spent the night in Fayettville,Ark.That's the closest motel that was pet friendly! It was just too cold to spend the night in the old trailer I have been staying in!
Got some errands to do today and then load the truck and head back toTn sat. I miss my birds but hate to leave the great state! Oh well it's getting closer every day!(positive thinking!)lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom