Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
WELCOME! There are several of us that live near the German resturant on 29th. You should come on by some time. I have only had chickens since June and there are ALOT of nice folks on this thread and that get together at the auctions that have taught me alot!
thumbsup.gif

Does that mean we are forgiven for assisting you in acquiring more birds than you originally planned to own?
wink.png

Oh yeah, no regrets. I'm crazy about all my chickens.
wee.gif
love.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
Plus my husband is starting to like them too and whines less about his job as Coop Builder and Capitol Funding
wink.png

Last edited:
At this point it doesnt even matter where we go. Seems the fella who rents the land and has for 40 years has decided since the pond went dry (hasnt happened in the 5 years we been here) that there is no longer room for my family or our chickens. he said and I quote " Theres not enough water to feed my cattle and your family with the well, and I am sorry but my cattle are more important. He called the land owner and had us kicked out. 5 years of on time rent. and I have practically slaved for this guy. I kept his fences fixed free of charge. Took care of his cattle. His own dieing son who had a tumor on his brain said Its real hard to live with my dad he has always loved his cattle more then us kids.
Are there really people out there like that? I mean this man is a walking deadman with a pacemaker and 2 open heart surgerys. he has nothing left in life but a dieing son and a dieing wife. at what point do you stop and appreciate the little family you have left. anyhow I am done I don't want this to turn to a flameing but I refuse to give up everything we build here because theres one man whos mommy never taught him how to love.

Where is everyone tonight??? No painting for me.......
hit.gif
We got the float ready & came home to a dinner DH
love.gif
made for us! now all I have to do is relax & enjoy the evening before the weekend hits & I paint 24/7.

What does everyone have planned this weekend.

Hey you turkey people, how long does a turkey have to be together before your sure of the sire???

Yes I think we are going to go with something simple since we will have to make so many. Just cardboard & glitter, that way no matter how cold it is they will be able to hold/wear them.

MM - I hope you find a new place soon. If you like the area south of Broken Arrow, look online for land for sale/lease/rent in Coweta, Haskell, Bixby, and Muskogee. There are a lot of properties on the market in this area, and they have been for sale for over a year. You may find a seller who is willing to negotiate.

Quote:
Maybe we could do a demonstration for the next POOPS. I'm sure the KOA wouldn't mind all the... well, stuff.
lol.png

Actually, we could do a display, then do a field trip to someone's place nearby to do a demo. Maybe give folks a little hands on experience.

ETA
Those near Elgin could join the Cookie man, BarnSwallow, Erlene and me for a processing party on the 18th. We'll be doing turkeys and chickens that day. I'm sure Jeannie wouldn't mind the extra help.

Then we could scoot on over to the Fletcher auction to stock back up.
lol.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom