Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope this isn't a duplicate, but it looks as if my first post didn't "take."

I was very happy with the way things went. I felt my birds looked like they "belong" with the other high-quality birds. All of mine were "All Other Varieties" and except for the self blues were the only ones in their classes. I think the judges were correct NOT to award BVs an RVs with fewer than three entered. Other shows will award BVs and RVs even if only one bird is in a class, regardless of real quality, if there are no actual disqualifications. I have better birds at home, but didn't think they needed other good whites, blacks, splashes, or blues, as I knew those colors would be well represented. I like to show lesser known colors so people can see what else is out there.

I was very happy that all my available birds sold, and I could have sold more if I hadn't pooped out! This should leave me with some pretty good birds for POOPS.

Last edited:
I hate it when it is slow & there is nothing to make the time go by faster. I'm doing okay getting ready to watch a movie & finish out my weekend.

Hey Wayne yes I got some rest, I didn't sleep well the first night but did last night. After doing all my chores & working in the new house when I got home I came in to finish out the weekend in the warmth. It is too cold outside. You be careful wtih that snow.

heres calobs deer he was mad cause the only pics that came out were bj with his deer lol
dadspics126.jpg
re with bj
dadspics125.jpg

Last edited:
dadspics009.jpg
heres the grand baby too she is gettin so big she is 7 months now an she gettin her 2 little bottom teeth in for christmas lol hope everyone stays warm an has a
dadspics130.jpg
merry christmas

Teach has landed...

I think I might have done it again...

My wife is gonna kill me...I might need a place to hide...that can accomadate lots...like lots of lots of birds...

Quote:
My parents just built a big new chicken house - and a heated/air conditioned "pet quarters" with running water...I'm sure you can hide out there if you need to!

Quote:
Oh, those were gorgeous!!! I've always loved the look of Salmon Faverolles.... but I didn't realize they came in bantam size until I saw those at the show!
love.gif

Some pics of the Faverolles, a nicely patterned Mottled Cochin and an amazing Barred Rock Roo-
63162_dscn3341.jpg
63162_dscn3344.jpg

63162_dscn3345.jpg

63162_dscn3347.jpg

I wonder if this guy was genetically modified for feathers used to make fishing flies? - some of his saddle feathers were close to a foot long!

Last edited:
Quote:
My parents just built a big new chicken house - and a heated/air conditioned "pet quarters" with running water...I'm sure you can hide out there if you need to!

that sounds nicer than my house...

Missed saying bye to you....hope you had a blast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom