Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that barred rock roo....

Way cool...they were so solid and everywhere and wow...I didn't see any hint of brassy or anything...

that cochin is gorgeous!!
droolin.gif

hey- its supposed to be 6 degrees? does anyone worry about the little fluffy butts in that temp?? the big guys seem to handle the cold- but how about the little banties in an a frame coop???
fl.gif

Hey all! Got my first Showgirl pair for my son, yesterday! He is thrilled with Gilgamesh and Penelope.
lol.png
They are the sweetest things!!!

I just listed my pair of Lavender African geese. If anyone is interested, I am really looking to trade out of them. They came as a trio, but one of the girls was a Chinese, not African. I'm planning on keeping her. I love the Chinese's personality. The Africans are nice, but they don't want to sit in your lap and talk about their day! LOL!

If anyone is interested, pm me. Hopefully I'll get to make it to the next get-together. Sounds like everyone had a great time!

Shelly

Made it home safe and had to get to moving as many birds inside as possible. DS lost his black split lav AM cockerel while we were gone.
hit.gif

Didn't hit anything on the trip today unlike Fri and Sat and it went much smoother going back through Bartlesville, so that was good.

Couple peeps I saw but didn't get to talk to and had to miss lunch because of showmanship. Got to visit with many of you again though and had a great time. Have to track Betsy down first thing at the next POOPs to see what she brought. I spent at least 4 hrs off and on stalking her sale cages to find out the owner of that black.
lol.png
Chatted for a while when I caught her there, but didn't have a clue who she was until she unzipped her jacket. Beautiful birds!
droolin.gif

TY so much Monty for getting me that stuff from Maribeth. Hope your son did well at his game.

Glad you got those birds out to your car Donnie. Did you end up having to tote them out one at a time? True meaning of Big and Beautiful! DS only has 5 pullets right now and they are going in to breed with the cockerel for hopefully some Jan and Feb hatches. The kids can't wait to go to their first POOPs and DS wants to bring some to sell.
fl.gif
for some chicks as nice as their parents.

DD ran around with my camera snapping pics all day Sat. Haven't looked at them yet, so can't say how they are or what all they are pics of.

Our final results from the show.....

DS got Jr RV AOSB, BB and BV with his Black Ameraucana cockerel and he was moved to Champion Row!
celebrate.gif

His blue pullet took RB and BV. So he swept the Jrs for Ameraucanas.

His two other black pullets got a 1 and a 2 and placed above the other black Ameraucanas.

His Sumatras got a 4 and a 5. Cage cards said too young and the judge prefers the yellow foot pads.

DD took a trio of blue Silkies. One of her pullets took RB and BV. Very pleased with the RB especially when you consider the competition. Those were some nice whites she was up against.

Her other pullet took RV and her cockerel got a 1.

Overall, very pleased.
thumbsup.gif

The kids said they had a great time and that the people they met were all so nice. We can't wait to come back.

Quote:
I think his farm name is Twisted Feather.... that may help your research.

Thanks grace , when I searched that , it came up to a site but wouldn't go any further , but ill try again when I get home and see what I can come up with , I know he wasn't listed as being a master exhibitor for buffs but is for like 5 or 6 other breeds lol sumatras being one of them, I do like that breed but I want to focus on the orpingtons first and get me a good flock of them going first , I'm hoping I get lucky and have an egg from my hen when I get home lol its going in he bator for sure if I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom