Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Its Vicious I tell ya.. we need a recovery group.. lol but P& B is not allowed to join because she would be the enabler on our DO NOT CROW list.. ha ha ha

I RESEMBLE that remark
tongue2.gif
lau.gif

hugs.gif
big_smile.png

Quote:
I don't have past experience to compare to but my Mille Fleur cochins now have 6 eggs in their laying box. I found 3 Friday night, the 4th one Saturday, number 5 yesterday and the 6th today. There are 3 pullets in that pen. Two are just 6 mo. old and the other is 5 mo. or less. There is a roo in with them but none of them have been trimed. I wasn't expecting eggs yet and doubt if they are fertile. No one is sitting on the eggs yet. Should I take the eggs out or wait and see?
Chickens are getting even more "funner and funner".

ooo id love to get some eggs from you to hatch or chicks

Quote:
Do you remember who you got her from?

Ok I'm new to all of this and already had a guy named Wayne at TS let me know just how small the chicken world really is...I got my chicken from a guy named Darren, but he wasnt the owner and was on the phone with someone named Britt?? Anyway when I went to TS to get the Corid Wayne asked "got a sick chicken?" I said yep...then he asked if I was at Shawnee and who I got the bird from...I told him what I said above and he got excited and pulled out his cell phone and had Britt on speedial! He then asked him jokingly why he was selling folks bad chickens! My chicken was perfect, just stressed out a little and is now fine. Like I said, the best chicken I have ever owned and I wouldnt mine having them all if I had the space
big_smile.png
And Darren was pretty cool, tried to push a roo on me like a good salesman, he waited till my daughter was within earshot
wink.png

Evening all................ settling down to a cup of coffee and some relaxing after the hair raising day today. anything interesting going on ??.

AL

Quote:
I no people that use pour on just a few drop's G.B1 use'es it ..on his cornish. I use the injectble Ivomec just about ten drop's down the throat for a 5lb bird..

Yeah Mike I sure did like the coloring on those birds too, I can't stop thinking how I can work them in somehow with the space I have, but it may have to wait, I am concentrating on my Whites and WLR's right now. Oh yeah and the fire was cool too LOL.

AL

Quote:
I no people that use pour on just a few drop's G.B1 use'es it ..on his cornish. I use the injectble Ivomec just about ten drop's down the throat for a 5lb bird..

So, if you are using the pour on version of Ivomec, you would put about 4 drops in their mouth. If you are using the injectible variety of Ivomec, you put about 10 drops in their mouth?

That sounds easy enough, but now I am wondering if you could use paste Ivomectrin - like you use to worm horses - and just use a very small amount and rub it on their tongue or on their wattles where it could be absorbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom