Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOONER - i use what every bilding suplize that a can find but palets make a good house then i add a scach yard about 4 foot by 6 foot this size pin works well for a trio or pair of stand or 4 or 5 bantams will bring some pics of my peens to the show

breeding pens...

I am taking three so oneis the back and on on each side then I add two more...(back and side...do that again...again...see where i am going...anyways...then I am wrapping chicken wire around the inside so birds can't get between and fight and such through the pallets...I put boards across the back and fron to sturdy them all up and conect them...I will use some sort of metal roofing material for the back half and some type of plastic that will let light shine through...not the funky green...front will be divided in half so that the top can lay out for access to egg, food and water...these will be on a shelf across the fron that also acts as the attachment point for the hinges for the doors. The lower half will be a door so i can rake out poop and such. i will put some sort of perch across the back...well i will for the chickens. For the pigeons i have little perches i will hang from the chicken wire...they don't like snuggling as much...

i will try and get them done soon...

I am actually gonna turn my formerr large breeding type pen into little chicken before you get to meet the rest of the flock pen

SOONER - i have 6 brooder two inside for the yong chicks then tow onder the house that they move to nexed them two outside that they move to next by this time they are 6 weeks old and feathered out nice and then move to my grower pins i have 5 grow er pins that can hold 150 birds a pice from ther they go to the next sale that i can mack or they replace my parent stock . i like to move parent stock after 2 laying seasons that way they are still young for the buer and i keep young birds myself

Quote:
How many laying hens do you have or are you like me & haven't a clue.

40 to 50 but I guess calling them laying hens is an oxymoron.
I have about four laying hens and about 40 non laying hens.

I think as more people read your posts they will respond. Its just that there aren't a lot of folks on the board so far today.

I am gonna go run some errands so I'll check back later.

Monty, you can give them to me. They should lay as well as the others I got from you. The ones that weren't laying, until...........until I got them home.
lau.gif

Seriously, I never have any trouble with my hens laying. They all lay nearly everyday. Summer or winter. No lights or special feeds.

got this from my trains group, just had to post it....

Just overheard Console 3 give a warrant to KCS 2600 West (101 Job) to
proceed from Wylie tx across their Alliance Sub. Last instruction was to
watch for an ostrich(!) on the loose on the tracks between mp 108 and E. Metro.

KCS = Kansas City Southern Rail Road

41950_running_ostrich_1.gif
41950_train2.gif

oops, that's a turkey

Last edited:
OK, for all of you interested in LF oriental game, Shamo Thai and others now you can get your fix. Monty, Teach and any others I am forgetting contact Terry Her 918-850-3951. Terry is a great guy to deal with and will likely join us for poops in the spring with birds you can all choose from if you don't get with him before then.

Quote:
ashmanv, you need to visit with Mjgigax on here. She lives close by you and has a bantam Cochin project going too.

I live near you too, but I don't have any cochins.

What all breeds do you have Buckguy20?

I have Welsummers, Marans, Naked Necks, Ameraucanas, Easter eggers, bantam Cornish, and a pen full of this and that including Hamburgs, Langshans, Sex links and a bunch of crosses.

Quote:
40 to 50 but I guess calling them laying hens is an oxymoron.
I have about four laying hens and about 40 non laying hens.

I think as more people read your posts they will respond. Its just that there aren't a lot of folks on the board so far today.

I am gonna go run some errands so I'll check back later.

Monty, you can give them to me. They should lay as well as the others I got from you. The ones that weren't laying, until...........until I got them home.
lau.gif

Seriously, I never have any trouble with my hens laying. They all lay nearly everyday. Summer or winter. No lights or special feeds.

Well you are a special chicken whisperer or something. I think you sing to them, take them on bike rides and let them watch Nascar.

So what is your secret setup?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom