Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry...dinner bell rang and I answered!

Baby pig! They are so cute! It almost make syou forget what they look and smell like when they get full grown...those little ones might be the way to go...but alas...we won't know unless the mom gets a new job. Pigs are against the rules with her employer...makes sense considering how many they raise...granted the wife doesn't ever see them...

Hey there everyone!! I have missed you all greatly but had to concentrate on getting this semester wrapped up which was difficult due to everything else going on. However, I am proud to report that I have 3 A's and 2 B's with a 3.60 GPA and made the Dean's Honor roll!!! YAY me! My dad is doing a lot better and things have started to finally settle down. Maybe now I can work on building my coop before the next semester starts and it gets too dang cold. I've been worried about it but nothing I could do about it at the time so now that I have the time perhaps it will get done!

That is one cute pig you got there Okla doodle. We got a spot show pig for my niece a couple of weeks ago and he is cute. She named him Rex.

we are finally relaxing after a trip up to betsy's- wow she's got gorgeous birds! went up for 3 special needs and came home with 5- but thats ok with me- the two blind ones, they settled into their new quarters, scarfing down on feed and snuggled together for the nite- the partridge roo and pullet found a corner in the spare room, gotta get a little pen for them- and here is the other special needs pullet, still need to name her, but she is a snuggle bug-

24037_108_2578.jpg

and the grandkids were really disbelieving this guy was for real- and they all had a chance to get to see him- had to educate them a little.... no birds don't carry any more diseases than a cat or dog- sheesh! what are they being taught???

24037_108_2567.jpg

24037_108_2562.jpg

So glad you posted. I was about to go to the phone to call and see if you made it home OK. The grandkids are darling! You need to convince them they should raise silkies! I hope the two partridges make really pretty birds for you--they should--and no special needs. They're both still quite young. I'm so relieved the nearly blind lavender boys have a new home with a caring person! The blue pullet looks like she's already won a place in your hearts.

I very much enjoyed the visit with you and David, Robin; you're both neat people. And very much appreciate the lovely showgirl print and the prints you've donated for the Gunea Fowl group and the Silkie group! The guinea fowl convention will be in Arkansas in the spring, but the Silkie group probably won't happen until next December.

Poco - are you wanting a penny hatch cock for your hen, or will any hatch line do? Just warning you, the hatch males can be real ornery.
If you can hold the hen with out her being spastic, kudos! She's a good one!
wink.png

Sooner - if you will keep track of your breeders (whos related to who), you shouldn't have any issues with throwback green legs popping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom