Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you guys all get on here together it's just too funny!

Teach - you will not believe all the stuff Dad has built. He has a heated, air conditioned building with individual apartments/kennels called the Pet Quarters, and the Chicken House he is building is paneled inside with old wood he got from a house he tore down in Goodwell - I mean the old, OLD wood that people back East would pay big bucks for. My dad just likes to build stuff - and everything he builds has plumbing in it...makes me tired just thinking about all the work he does. Definitely go over there and look at his setup - you'll want to move in.

Quote:
I agree - and it is good to see you posting today
hugs.gif

Marybeth : Are you working today or off for inclement weather ??.

AL

Quote:
Enjoying lunch at my desk. The State began business an hour late this morning, which was nice. The roads were not too bad at 8:30. All of our schools are closed today.

Just a quick question, what should I have to pay for show quality chickens, I know that breed will have something to do with it.
I paid a fair amount for some good breeding stock,but not show stock

Don ?

It varies all over the place depending on the breed and the breeder.

Show breeders spend a lot of time and go to a lot of expense to get the birds to be what they are supposed to be. So when they do sell they them they want a lot more for them.

Ask Donnie about the Buff Orpington pair he got at Shawnee.
What I like to do is buy "Show Culls" but only if I am using them for my own flock or breeding projects.
They are good healthy birds from great stock but have a little flaw that would disqualify them at a show.
I bought two definite show quality Langshan hens at Shawnee for $10 each.
I saw some Silkies at the Show that were $200 so the price can fall about anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom