Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I have been know to be "stupid" when it comes to blue hens
wink.png
We might just have to arm wrestle before the bidding starts and agree that the winner will be the only bidder, so that neither of us gets burned in the wallet. . . . unless of course it is a fellow BYC friend who brought the hen, in which case I don't consider a high bid to be "stupid."
hide.gif

I will be going out to Mary's in the morning - just to "look around" and say hello.
yippiechickie.gif

Unfortunately, I won't be going to Blanchard tomorrow night - so Carla, maybe we can just agree on a price for the NN hens and save you the time of taking them to Blanchard
lau.gif
I already have one of the wonderful frizzle NN roos, that I hatched from eggs laid by your hens
smile.png
I am down to one jar of honey and it will need to be re-liquified. I will let you know when I get another case.

Darn ... I guess we'll just have to hold some hens for you then, and we don't mind heating up honey. Yes, we could surely split a case with you too. Gerald is definitely binging on honey lately.

I just might have to part with a blue or blue splash NN hen one day at an auction with Maribeth, Monty and Renia just to see a fight ??? Gosh, I don't know if I could let any of my blue's go though. I guess I should start up an incubator and get some more chicks hatched out. We really have some nice looking blues & blacks ... and some with no bow ties even, but I definitely can't give them up!

Gosh, it sounds like a Mary's get-together for Okies in the morning. I wonder if I could get Gerald out of bed early enough to go.
hu.gif

Quote:
I just re-read your post. Were those guys bidding on the NNs on your behalf? I see them all the time at Fletcher. It would seem as if we both have about the same ceiling on price.
hmm.png

Monty if you are breeding for show get the body type right first and then breed for color. Cull for DQs first and cull hard and pretty soon your flock will come around and look like you want them to.

You see type counts for more points then color does and a bird with fair color but good type will out place a bird with good color and bad type.

Sorry I ducked out last night but I got to hurting too bad to continue.

Quote:
I just re-read your post. Were those guys bidding on the NNs on your behalf? I see them all the time at Fletcher. It would seem as if we both have about the same ceiling on price.
hmm.png

Yes ma'am.. I told them how much to go on them.. Then when he called me to tell me he didn't get them he said a lady from byc that comes to Fletcher got them. Then I read your post and figured out it was you. I had to laugh.

Quote:
I have been know to be "stupid" when it comes to blue hens
wink.png
We might just have to arm wrestle before the bidding starts and agree that the winner will be the only bidder, so that neither of us gets burned in the wallet. . . . unless of course it is a fellow BYC friend who brought the hen, in which case I don't consider a high bid to be "stupid."
hide.gif

Darn ... I guess we'll just have to hold some hens for you then, and we don't mind heating up honey. Yes, we could surely split a case with you too. Gerald is definitely binging on honey lately.

I just might have to part with a blue or blue splash NN hen one day at an auction with Maribeth, Monty and Renia just to see a fight ??? Gosh, I don't know if I could let any of my blue's go though. I guess I should start up an incubator and get some more chicks hatched out. We really have some nice looking blues & blacks ... and some with no bow ties even, but I definitely can't give them up!

I suspect that an auction of a blue or blue splash NN hen, with all three of us present, could end up with us giving each other the "stink eye" the way Donna and ??? were doing at the first POOPS auction. I don't even remember what was being auctioned, but anyone standing between them would have died on the spot from the looks they were giving each other.
lol.png

Ya'll crack me up. I have been known to look for a bird that is just right for years to add to our breeding program. Last time I did that it took four years to find him but Teva got him for fifty cents up at the Perkins sale.

Quote:
Sorry you are having problems with pain
hugs.gif

That said, do you see what you started among some of us who formerly didn't particularly want NNs? We have become competitive for them because they are so hard to find.
barnie.gif
gig.gif
hugs.gif

They are not all that hard to find, well if you know where to look that is.

What I want is a few of the NN pigeons, talk about ugly!

Quote:
hmm.png

Yes ma'am.. I told them how much to go on them.. Then when he called me to tell me he didn't get them he said a lady from byc that comes to Fletcher got them. Then I read your post and figured out it was you. I had to laugh.

I am laughing too! That is sooooo funny! I was surprised I had to go so high - now I understand.
lau.gif
We can drive up the price on each other without even being present in the same room.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom