Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If neither of us is going to be at Blanchard tomorrow night, Carla just needs to drop those NN hens off at my house on her way to work. I will let you know when she does so you can see them - through the chain link fence in my chicken yard
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
hide.gif

That will be fine with me P&B. I don't have enough breeding pens for evertyhing now.
I am showing restraint.
So Pm Carla and you can have the NN's.
I'll have to wait just a bit longer.

Quote:
50 lb turkeys are a challenge to slaughter and cook, if memory of Buster's turkeys serves me correctly.

Maybe they would be good for folks with commercial kitchens and the need to feed an entire town at one time.

My poults did better on the game bird starter also, after y'all told me about its existence.

And I am very pleased with "the boys" the Komondors are the only breed that I have ever owned that act exactly like everything that I have read about them.

The closer a threat gets the quieter they become, walking almost cat-like to meet the threat be it man or beast. Even though they are tall dogs when they lay flat they can disappear in 6 inches of grass. And they are quiet too, no yapping all night long as other LGD breeds do.

Well I had better go to bed too. Teva will be home shortly from work...

Monty - showing restraint may be the second step in the 12 step program - I am not sure since I have never gotten past the first step - which to acknowledge I have an addiction.
tongue.png

Did anyone watch "Animal Horders" this evening. I just now remembered that it was on. Chickens and rabbits don't count as animals that can be hoarded, do they? Particularly if you are willing to eat them every now and then?
hide.gif

Quote:
I am having back issues, too many miles on hardtails I guess. I got to see my CT scans and I have picked up better looking vertebre that had been laying out in a pasture for many years.

Quote:
I have to admit that the nocturnal barking is a frustration with my Great Pyraneese - not that I actually "hear" her any more. I have her tuned out like you "tune out" a Grandfather clock that strikes chimes every hour and half hour.

Do the Komondors want to "roam" like Great Pyraneese do? It would be nice not to have to keep the LGD penned up with the chickens so it doesn't get hit by traffic.

Quote:
I am having back issues, too many miles on hardtails I guess. I got to see my CT scans and I have picked up better looking vertebre that had been laying out in a pasture for many years.

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Les, I have five good looking NN Hens. Three blue and two black. Three of the five don't have bow ties.
I also have a few other NN hens of mixed heritage.
I took your advice and was able to get some Jersey Giants from Charley.
I have a huge splash rooster, four black hens, one blue hen and one splash hen.
So between those 11 hens and the Bluee NN rooster and the Splash Giant rooster I am am hoping to put a lot of NN chicks on the ground this year.
I still have the original Redd NN roo and I now have five Rhode Island Red hens with him.

Sixteen or so hens with three roosters. I also have some Splash EE's that I can put with my Blue/Red NN roo.

Last edited:
Roam? Ours will not get within 4 feet of the fence unless told to do so and that is with no training. And they don't jump up on us either, it's hard to believe that they are still puppies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom