Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Okies, I am up, got a cup of Joe in me and getting another, Marybeth and Les how about breeding the Komodor to the Great Paranesse??? My friend had a pair of GP and he did not pen or restrain his but they had 40 acres, I did watch them tag team a coyote one day and that made a believer out of me, I think they are beautiful Both the K and GP!!!! Anyone have experience with the Anitolians? I too live near a Highway and have hesitated to get a Guardian dog because of it. So far I have not had much problem with predators but I truly believe in the 3 s type of protection !!!! Well gotta go get chores done and get the kids up and around, see yall at Mary's!!!! Lynn

Quote:
I have 8 GP and Anatolian mix. Six puppies and their mom and pop. Soon to be three puppies as these things tend to give themselves away.

I'll tell you, I'm sold on them. The only predators I see around here any more are dead ones. And I know what you mean about double teaming. One night I was going to check on my goats because they were getting ready to kid and my dogs saw me coming in the darkness but didn't recognize me. My lab and the mama LGD started barking up a storm and coming toward me slowly in the darkness. I heard a monster bark to my left and saw through my flashlight that papa was a big flanking move and circling around behind me. I had to say "BEAR!! It's me!"

When he came up to me to make sure and then started wagging his tail I said, "Boy, I'm glad you're on my side."

And I am, too.

Maribeth, sounds to me like you're about ready for blue showgirls. I'm sure you know these are NN x Silkies refined at least 12 generations. I often hatch some really beautiful blue showgirls as well as a few very nice splashes. Of course, they can't fly like regular NNs and are bantams . . .

Quote:
those pens came from somewhere around drumright or guthrie, they were on craigslist 2 years ago for 20 each. guy bought a game farm from the bank or the marshals service and had a few hundred of them. also had buildings full of gamefowl pens, brooder pens and the works.

Quote:
Oh no! Betsy is an enabler also!
hide.gif

They sound beautiful.
clap.gif

Quote:
those pens came from somewhere around drumright or guthrie, they were on craigslist 2 years ago for 20 each. guy bought a game farm from the bank or the marshals service and had a few hundred of them. also had buildings full of gamefowl pens, brooder pens and the works.

If these are the same pens that came from Guthrie, Pepper has some purchased directly from the new owner and Lynn bought some off of Craigslist. They originated from a game rooster farm and there were acres and acres of them. I saw the chicken ranch after most of the pens had been sold and they were still selling the angle iron the pens had been fastened to. It was an incredible set up at one time.
ep.gif
Many years ago, when the chicken ranch was in operation, my secretary lived a few miles from there and she told me that the roosters were never quiet - there was rooster noise 24/7.

Who all is going to Blanchard Tonight and If you are selling, what are you selling? I am in the market for NN's and anything else that is Eye Catching!

I will be there. Bringing a friend who is moving to Blanchard soon and he wants chickens so I thought that I would introduce hime to some people who know all about chickens.
Not sure if will be buying, just looking. I need to make some more pens or just one big one.

Gerad and I will be going to Blanchard tonight. I just talked to Jerry, aka auctionlover, and he said there's going to be over 200 bantam chickens there, along with lots of other birds.

We'll for sure bring some Naked Necks, and maybe some cuckoo marans and possibly some turkeys ... and of course some hatching eggs!

I guess I'd better get outside & start catching birds.
tongue.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom