Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Working on a date now, starting to narrow it down.

AL

That's great news, Al!!!!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Just came in from an afternoon of working outside. Wish I could have gone to Blanchard if only to hug Stimp's neck - but I am glad I got some things taken care of while the weather was decent. I am a tired ole gal tonight.

M.Ruzycki - congratulations on the buy of the day off of Craigslist. Hope they lay well for you.

Lynn, glad you made it home safely.

Buster or Jeannie - how did butchering day go today?

Evening everyone~ sounds like a good day was had by all! I have been very busy & got alot done, it actually looks like I moved out of the other place. I'm alittle sore & pretty tired but finished off the evening with a grilled steak, purple hull pea's, corn & butter flavor noodles. Yummy.

Quote:
A complete disaster. I traumatized everyone by botching the first two turkey kills, the first one badly. I had sharpened the axe but apparently not quite enough. Or maybe it was the stump I was using. Or maybe my axe swing isn't what it used to be.

We got mostly done, but it was a lot colder and windier than the weather liars said and I ran out of steam. I think we got through about 4 turks and 12 or 14 chickens. There are still some Cornish Cross we need to do, but those we will get as soon as Jason comes back from the field.

The turkeys are out of the way at least.

I am looking for a crele old english bantam hen (show quality) to go with a rooster I bought at the Bryan show, I seen one posted, a real nice hen owner Ron Smith, does anyone have his number?
Thanks my email is [email protected]

Yo, Al, I've been rooting for your Bears through the playoffs, mainly because the Cowboys aren't in it but I know you would do the same for me if they were.
wink.png

Had a dilemma about tomorrow, though. One of my co-workers and good friend of ours is from Wisconsin and she is a Packers fan, so I couldn't decide whom to pull for.

But, I work with her about every day, so I'm afraid I'm going to go with her and root for your arch rivals. Hope you can forgive me. I promise I won't rub it in when I mean if the Packers win.

I should at least get points for going for the Bears so far, though, right?
lol.png

DH fired at a coyote that was up near the chicken house this afternoon. Too bad he'd forgotten to chamber the round first. The "CLICK!" sent the coyote running. Maybe this bold scout was out during the day because his den is really, really hungry. I've gone out to check guinea alarms a couple times since then, but so far the yard has been clear.

Im gonna brag on my boy a little so please forgive me.
Things really came together for him today at
his basketball game, which hasn't always been the case.
He played well scoring eight points,
grabbed 14 rebounds and blocked seven shots.
We won 44-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom