Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evenin Jim-Dandy, how was yer Sunday ??.
I got egg's hatching this week looking forward to some good things happening.

AL

hatching eggs...now that sounds like something I could get into...
wink.png

Quote:
Git Jiggy wit it den !!!, do they even say that anymore LOL.

AL

depends on the "they" you talk about...

if you mean old guys trying to act cool...yes I say it all the time

if you mean the younger "cool" crowd...only after hearimg me say it then laughing and saying. "He said...."

Quote:
Don't feel too bad, Al. I think Cutler was hurt early but was trying to be game about it. He just didn't seem to be the same guy today. A QB just can't pass without his knees. The only criticism I have is the coach should have put that young kid in earlier than he did. Other than that, your guys looked great.

I'm with you on the Pack in the Superbowl, though. That QB Rodgers of theirs is amazing. Loved that pick by the fat man. His dance in the end zone cracked me up. I had to rewind and watch it about ten times before I could stop laughing at that dance.

Steelers were lucky that Sanchez kid didn't get rid of his butterflies earlier than he did. Might have been a very different ball game.

He wasn't hurt that was just the teams way of saying he was being a whinny baby, when he get's behind early he just lay's down and begins pouting, that's when I know you can put a fork in him cause he is done. I was just hoping that the bad Cutler wouldn't show up LOL. Plus our play calling left much to be desired.

AL

Hey Al. after talking to you last night I went looking through the thread on the incubator contest, believe I could build one easily enough, I have an old LG hear that does not have the plastic panels in it, may build a cabinet and start with those parts and add the other stuff as I can. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
those pens came from somewhere around drumright or guthrie, they were on craigslist 2 years ago for 20 each. guy bought a game farm from the bank or the marshals service and had a few hundred of them. also had buildings full of gamefowl pens, brooder pens and the works.

If these are the same pens that came from Guthrie, Pepper has some purchased directly from the new owner and Lynn bought some off of Craigslist. They originated from a game rooster farm and there were acres and acres of them. I saw the chicken ranch after most of the pens had been sold and they were still selling the angle iron the pens had been fastened to. It was an incredible set up at one time.
ep.gif
Many years ago, when the chicken ranch was in operation, my secretary lived a few miles from there and she told me that the roosters were never quiet - there was rooster noise 24/7.

I new the guy's that had it . They spent Hundred's of thousand's of Dollor's a yr on feed aloan. An had five guy's full time just to take care of the bird's. An they wer made to lev by the city...They moved ther bird's to a new place an only have a few Hundred now..

Wrll the computer started up and is running this morning so I will try this again, I took some pics at Mary's, they are a little fuzzy but you can make these out, had problems with the camera and no Marybeth I ain't got the uploading down yet!!! But her goes, it was nice visiting with everyone there. Got to go back to work today and kids go back to school, hope all the kids are well now and we don't just pass this back around again!!! Later, Lynn

10175_2004-01-19_marys_flea_market_002.jpg
Heather looking at Micheal's geese

10175_2004-01-19_marys_flea_market_009.jpg
Micheal loading some birds for a customer!!!

10175_2004-01-19_marys_flea_market_003.jpg
Micheal R with some chickens to sell!!

10175_2004-01-19_marys_flea_market_007.jpg
The beautiful and charming, Marybeth!!!

10175_2004-01-19_marys_flea_market_008.jpg
Monty and Marybeth visiting!!!

Have a great day all!!! Lynn
lol.png
roll.png
cool.png

Last edited:
Lynn - Thanks for posting the pictures you took at Mary's Swap Meet. I just checked google maps and found that Midwest City is only 2 hours from here. It's a drive, but it's not as far as some other chicken selling/buying places. What does it cost to set up? Which weekend day draws the most customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom