Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Joe I will post directions from Shawnee bypass(Hwy 16 or 62) & Main Str. (assuming you are coming from Talhequah). At the intersection of Main & Shawnee turn South, go approximately 2 1/2 miles (You will go through 5 lights) to Independence Str. (6th light) turn east to Cherokee Str. and turn south to the next stop sign, you will see the fair grounds/extention office to the left.

1440 S. Cherokee
Muskogee, OK 74403
918-686-7200

Last edited:
Welcome to our humble abode!!! You are going to fit in great here!!! Spoken like a true chicken aholic inductee!!!! LOL Welcome, Lynn
lol.png
roll.png
cool.png

Quote:

Morning all, just got off the phone with Don, great visit there, I took a vacation day to get some stuff done in this nice weather before the cold front moves in soooo I guess I better get out there and get started!!! Have a great day!!! Lynn
cool.png

Quote:
I took the day off too. I just picked up 3 chickens from the post office, a black Cochin pair and a barred roo. The pair is to improve type on my Lavender/Self-blues and the barred I don't need but sure like. Better get out there and build pens.

Quote:
I may have to move them to our mini coop and see about fattening them up that way... well I know I wont buy hybrid birds again for meat... I dont like confining them to such small spaces if I can help it..

Thanks for the possible idea...

Maybe.

But Jeff Brunty in the meat birds section free ranges his and they grow just like the confinement birds, and he raises hundreds and hundreds of them every year, maybe a couple thousand. The only way to control them from getting too big too fast is to control their feed intake, and even then it is difficult to keep them alive over 10 or 12 weeks because they just get so dang big. I don't grow them so have no personal experience with them, but yours just seem so dang small for 16+ weeks.

And it wasn't just their size, but their posture in the rest position, as well. Just didn't look right to me, which is why I suggested posting pictures. Because I don't know anything about diseases. I thought maybe Al or Les or one of the other pros on here could give you a better idea of what might be wrong with them.

Maybe it's nothing, though. Maybe you just got a small batch folks like get every now and then.

Barn Swallow - Maybe they are just getting too much exercise. How big did you want them to be before you butchered them? My birds have dressed out to about 75% of live weight, so maybe you're closer to freezer camp than you think.

Just got finished with the NPIP testing, everything went well. Talked to Lynn this morning..
I think he is trying to help Donnie fill his new Bator.
I will be seeing Donnie this afternoon or tomorrow to pick up the NN pair that I have. Will be
Nice to put a face with a name.
Anyway this sure is turning out to be 1 pretty day. Just past a time and temp sign it was reading 68
At 2.30 not even the hot part of the day yet.

Don.
cool.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom