jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

What kind???????????????????????

thank you im hoping they are bbreds or silver duckwing
smile.png
I will def post some pics later
wee.gif

Morning,
DH, who, knows alot about weather, says we will get alot of precipitation. Before the big ice storm and that Christmas Eve's snow it was very warm like it was Friday and yesterday - lots of moisture building up.
I look forward to it because I usually get some rare time to be creative. Also, we REALLY need some moisture. The fire danger is terrible now. Since our house nearly burned in the Easter fires in Mid West City acouple of years ago, I am very nervous about how dry it is.

hi MJ, looking at the map- reminds me of the ice storm that hit muskogee a few years back, we didn't have power for 8 days- thats when we decided to get selfsufficient! so now we got the woodstove, a generator and extra feed- our road is on a hill, so won't be any travel till it thaws- i'm with sooner- this is the first time in 4 years i have a stove, so i am cooking goodies!

Morning, everyone - We had a coyote chorus on and off all night. Twice it was so loud that DH went out and carried the shotgun because he figured he'd run into about twenty or thirty coyotes on the front porch. I've never heard them so loud before, and some many... Most of the noise came from the corner of the pasture where the cattle like to congregate and sleep. Yesterday DH fired a round and one that was headed up hill, in the front pasture. DH said the coyote ran from hay bail to hay bail. It was like a military assault. We may have to get some enormous live traps soon.

Quote:
In the 07 ice storm here, we didn't have power for 9 days. It was fun at first. DH had to go to work and called home to tell me to go to the store to get ice to put on the meat in the freezer. I couldn't get the garage door open, no power, and I refused to buy ice in an ice storm anyway. I went all around the house knocking ice cickles into a bucket. I put the ice cickles on the meat and other frozen foods.

the 08 ice storm had me out of power for 13 days we had 3 to 4 in of ice and it took me 5 hours to cut my way doun the road 2 milles to 62 hy and when i got there they had the hy closed and had to cut my way back because more trees had fallen behind me it was bad

Last edited:
Morning all, just finished making bacon and biscuits and gravy for everyone for breakfast, ate and the kids are gone to church, I need to go get a round bale out for the horses and finish some pens for the NN and Game hens. Busy day today toom granddaughter's birthday party today!!! Pretty cool here in north central OK this morning!!! Talk to yall later, Lynn
cool.png

Quote:
In the 07 ice storm here, we didn't have power for 9 days. It was fun at first. DH had to go to work and called home to tell me to go to the store to get ice to put on the meat in the freezer. I couldn't get the garage door open, no power, and I refused to buy ice in an ice storm anyway. I went all around the house knocking ice cickles into a bucket. I put the ice cickles on the meat and other frozen foods.

we just put our stuff out on the porch- just got back from the store, ouch! but we'll have food, animals won't go hungry- Banjo, 2-4 inches? wow!

here is what they have on the weather service
HAZARDOUS WEATHER...
* A STRONG WINTER STORM SYSTEM WILL BEGIN TO IMPACT NORTHEAST
OKLAHOMA AND NORTHWEST ARKANSAS MONDAY NIGHT...AND CONTINUE
THROUGH TUESDAY. THE EXACT TRACK OF THIS SYSTEM AND ASSOCIATED
WINTER WEATHER IMPACTS WILL CHANGE IN LATER FORECASTS...YET NOW
IS THE TIME TO PREPARE FOR THIS POTENTIAL STORM.

* SNOW AND SLEET TOTALS FROM 4 TO 10 INCHES...WITH LOCALLY HEAVIER
AMOUNTS...ARE POSSIBLE NORTH OF INTERSTATE 40. ADDITIONALLY...ICE
ACCUMULATIONS AROUND ONE-TENTH OF AN INCH ARE POSSIBLE WITH THE
HEAVIER ICING EXPECTED OVER NORTHWEST ARKANSAS.​

Quote:
Carah : I thought that I saw a bunch of you Gal's crowed into that small KOA kitchen elbowing each other trying to get close enough to see Donna making those great dumplings for her POOPS dish. Laura asked me just last night to try and get her recipe. They were the best ones I ever had, I think she may be holding the recipe hostage for a ransom LOL.

AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom