Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Okies! Like you, I am preparing for the coming weather. Jack said that sometime during the next several days there will be no temperature at all, he saw somewhere that it's supposed to get down to 0. A day without temperature is like a day without...well, I don't know...!

This weekend we cut down another dead-ish tree back of my house, cut it up, hauled it down the slope and tossed it over the cliff to help shore up the hill. Then we planted the four fruit trees I've had stuck in my backyard garden plot since late October! I watered them in with water from the rain barrels. Glad to have that done!

Beth : You did plant them at the right time, that's great. So many folks wait till spring to plant when they stress to much.

AL

Quote:
the Chinese New Year is Feb 3 and duck is a popular dish. Just thought I would mention that since that information could affect the price you are able to get for your ducks and when you might want to post them on craigslist

hi guys! on the ducks- i'd wait to list them if you can till after the chinese new year- so they don't end up in a pot! i'm wanting a couple more khaki girls for my flock- poor suzy from peaches is a loner, the rest are white, and she wanders by herself

just got another weather warning- blizzard conditions tuesday- well, my silkies are staying inside, everyone else is pretty protected- hope i don't lose anyone- should i be vaselining combs??

NORTHWESTERLY WINDS OF 20 TO 30 MPH WILL DEVELOP ON TUESDAY ACROSS EASTERN OKLAHOMA PRODUCING NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AT TIMES... WITH VISIBILITIES BEING REDUCED BELOW ONE MILE. THESE WINDS WILL ALSO PRODUCE DANGEROUS WIND CHILL VALUES.​

Wow - slow day on here! I hope everyone is getting ready for the next few days. After church Jack and I went to a gun show in Tulsa.

I got a good update from Poco Pollo who is hatching some EEs that will be the basis of my small new laying flock, and it looks like things in her 'bator are humming along. Coral gave me such a colorfully worded description I could just see the little peeps "banging their heads against the shell" when Coral shined the candler on them. Vicarious hatching is almost as exciting as the real thing...full of risk and wonder!

Quote:
I have a young cockerel donnie he is still shy of breeding by a few months I am sure hes 5 months old. I am taking him to the blanchard auction unless you want it its a cuckoo maran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom