Old and Rare Breeds

Hi! I need a Malay rooster for my lonely hen! I'm trying to keep the breed alive in Kansas. Does anyone sell hatching eggs or chicks or even a rooster? 7856409199

Who owns sai pans i need to find someone who has these birds i need breeding stock
saipan gamefowl or Satsumadori are a graded malay breed and takes years to develop. If you care to revive the line it would require the original lines and four years of breeding. The issue you will run into as I did was finding a quality hakuro/jap long tail. They have been bred more for plumage than gameness and getting a game line from Japan has proven fruitless.

Last edited:
Well ive been made to feel dumb on several sites because i hade a idea to bring back a true saipan. I own 3 a pair and a bitty that are from originl stock from years ago but have been crosd bred due to lack of birds around i raise pure black shamo developed ovr 8yrs by a great friend who turned his many years of hard work due to health probs and the fact he finally aquired his dream breed pure quality ko shamo anyway ive been laughed at and clowned on and told saipans dont exist im makin myself look dumb with people who raise real orientals and saipan is a hatchery bird thats a joke the old guy my buddy had me talk to said he owned saipans and they arent a fairytale he had in 80S and 90S i guess im just waisting time talking about having a fam for my lil baby anyway i will make sure the ones i got continur whether they are real or not they love me and me them ok im done venting i wont mention saipans. Again ill just concentrate on my blcks
persistence is key my friend, there will always be doubters. A hobby is ment to consume time so keep doing you.

Last edited:
Not an old breed, but I am in the process of importing Ga Dong Tao from Vietnam.

They are very rare! I believe there are no specimens over here yet.

The only frustrating thing is that I do not have an incubator and the only way I can get them over is fertile hatching eggs.
My uncle is visiting from Vietnam in 2 months so I need to figure something out!
If it all works out, I'll also be importing some fertile Ga Noi eggs.

Last edited:
I was going to list them as balut since the only way to import is to list them as "food items."

That seems somewhat irresponsible to me. What if your source is not reputable and you do import AI into your area? If I was your neighbor I would be seriously worried.
I would urge you to reconsider and wait to import them when the ban is lifted.

If the chicks hatch and have AI, then they wouldnt survive long. They could pass it to other birds in the flock though which is why there is a 30 day quarantine procedure where they should be placed by themselves for 30 days to see if they have any signs of sickness. If they do.... Well... They have to be incinerated. Even with all these import resrtictions, we still manage to have outbreaks in the US without a clear sign as to how they got it. USDA just cut off all poultry trades from every other country that has had a breakout within so long just as a precaution rather than 'because' they were the issue.

Back
Top Bottom