One chicken has always sneezed/squeaked

Shaz1522

Chirping
Aug 3, 2019
Hi all
Ive a bantam nacked neck.very friendky i hatched her myself 2 years ago.
She has always done a sqweek since she was hatched 2 years ago and i isolated her for a couple of weeks to monitor her but she still laid and ran around like normal i treated her with antibiotics but sqeek still there..apart from that shes so healthy.
I treated all flock last year but noone has ever sneezed or sqeeked
Could it just be because her beak it a bit twisted?

It is hard to know why she has done that for so long. As long as she is getting enough to eat and drink, and acts normally, I wouldn’t worry about it. Sneezing itself can be from getting feed into the nostrils or irritation by dust.

Thanks for your reply .yes shes always acted like normal.shes the first to run to dog bown if sees the back door open for 2 mins.i have to run and get her .she lays well.eats very well.lovely full crop in eve and lovely and empty in morning very halpy little girl.shes not long hatched silkies as she went broody and was a great mum too x

Hi all
Ive a bantam nacked neck.very friendky i hatched her myself 2 years ago.
She has always done a sqweek since she was hatched 2 years ago and i isolated her for a couple of weeks to monitor her but she still laid and ran around like normal i treated her with antibiotics but sqeek still there..apart from that shes so healthy.
I treated all flock last year but noone has ever sneezed or sqeeked
Could it just be because her beak it a bit twisted?
we have a roo that has a cold. He sneezes a lot but he’s pretty normal

Thanks for your reply .yes shes always acted like normal.shes the first to run to dog bown if sees the back door open for 2 mins.i have to run and get her .she lays well.eats very well.lovely full crop in eve and lovely and empty in morning very halpy little girl.shes not long hatched silkies as she went broody and was a great mum too x
ok she's probably ok then

Back
Top Bottom