One dead, two missing :'(

mallory2013

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Mar 3, 2011
Western WI
My dad found our poor little Lucy Loo a ten week old Delaware dead outside the coop this evening. It wasn't even dark out yet, so my dad counted the others and found that there were two others missing. The two others were our young roo Swisher the blue cochin and Big Betty the Buff Brahma pullet. I looked around outside for them in trees and around, under and on top of the other things in the lawn, such as the coop itself, scaffolding, and an old flat bed trailer and did not find them.
Lucy only has one puncture wound that is located where the thigh of the leg meets the body.
Here is my theory: I'm thinking that it was a fisher cat because I know they will kill for fun. There were no feathers around the homocide. I think that Betty was the first to get attacked and Swisher protected her. Then Lucy was attacked and left because Swisher was attacking him. However, there were also no feathers from Betty or Swisher. Also, could a fisher have taken both birds at once? Could it have been a fisher cat that just killed Lucy? I'm really hoping that Swisher and Betty are just hanging out somewhere for the night and will be back in the morning. Another thing to note is that we have had a skink problem around her recently. Maybe they are to blame? Please give me your feedback and/or what you think it was that got my poor chickens. Thanks.

I am so sorry for your loos. I hope you can find out what happened to your chickens.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom