One white egg

Tinkey71

Songster
Nov 8, 2018
Florida
I have 12 RIRs and the last few days when I collect eggs I get one “white” egg. I know eggs come in varying shades- I’ve had very dark brown to an almost purple color- but I’ve been wondering about this. They aren’t quite as white as store eggs ( I’ve heard they sometimes bleach them to make them whiter)
I know color has nothing to do with the content inside, but just wondering if this is an indicator of a dietary need or something

Attachments

• 969B0E5D-33AA-4307-BECC-4997CC40BABF.jpeg
    969B0E5D-33AA-4307-BECC-4997CC40BABF.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 9
This has happened more than once?
How old are these birds?
Someones spray booth is out of whack and not adding the brown coating to egg...
....or someone is punking you by putting store egg in your nests ;)

This has happened more than once?
How old are these birds?
Someones spray booth is out of whack and not adding the brown coating to egg...
....or someone is punking you by putting store egg in your nests ;)
The chickens are almost 8 months old. They’ve been laying for 2 1/2 months and this all just started in the past 2 weeks- I’ve gotten about 4 of these.
I wouldn’t put it past my hubby to play a trick ( there was a horribly disappointing incident with ceramic eggs when I was waiting for them to lay) but he’s out of town and I still got 1.
I also have a chicken that lays really big double yokers - I mean I got one that was 94 grams once- I get an extra big one about once a month

Really hard to say 'why'...and unless one is acting ill, I'd not worry about it too much.
Not much you could do either way anyhow.
Home grown eggs can have many anomalies...
...which can be either frustrating or fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom