Only one duck left!!

Ashl100

Hatching
5 Years
Nov 12, 2014
Hi there I had 3 campbell ducks from when they were tiny little hatchlings but last night a fox got into their coop dispite so many preventative measures it looks as tho it has just headbutted the door until a piece broke?? I'm really not sure how it was made of wood and securely fixed?? My problem is I have one duck left and am so worried about her, I've brought her into my spare bedroom for now but she hates to be on her own :( I want the best for her, does anyone have any suggestions I live on the border of essex and London and cannot find anyone near me?? Please help

I had 3 ducks since March when I got them as ducklings. Over the summer I learned that I had a hawk problem, and the hawk favored the ducks. Well, I was down to one female who got really chummy with my rooster, which I then culled due to him attacking me and the kids.

Lonely female duck...

Put an ad on craigslist and within a day I had someone who wanted to give me their male!

Now I have a pair of ducks (he's a Rouen I think, mine is a Khaki campbell as well) and they're MUCH happier!

My advice-- try to find another, or be willing to give her to someone else who's got room for her. She will get lonely fast.

She will want some flock mates, so you should consider getting more ducks, or re-homing her to someone who has ducks.

I would recommend getting a motion sensor camera so you can see what you are up against. If you can see how the predator is getting in, you can take measures to stop it.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom