Opinions on Coop Design

Is that drawn to scale?
Looks pretty close.
Can you get some graph paper?
Floor plan view looks pretty good.
I'd do some elevation views too.

Do you plan on using poop boards?

4' wide can be pretty tight for moving around in to handle birds and do chores,
as well as for birds to get down from roosts.
I thought I was brilliant for designing a 4' partition in my coop,
and it does work pretty well, but with a roost 1' from the wall,
4' became 3' of navigation space and it's tight.
I really wish it was wider.

It is drawn to scale, 1 inch=2 feet

I am not sure where our graph paper is, I think we used it all when designing the house we built ourselves.

I do think I will use poop boards not sure yet though.

4 feet I was thinking would be kind of squished until I measured it out, I think it should be big enough for me to move around.

I'm not sure how to do elevation views really... I was thinking about that this morning but couldn't wrap my mind around it

Last edited:
It is drawn to scale, 1 inch=2 feet

I am not sure where our graph paper is, I think we used it all when designing the house we built ourselves.

I do think I will use poop boards not sure yet though.

4 feet I was thinking would be kind of squished until I measured it out, I think it should be big enough for me to move around.

I'm not sure how to do elevation views really... I was thinking about that this morning but couldn't wrap my mind around it
when I was a kid my dad built a 4x8 coop for me.. the door was on the end of the 8' side and the roosts were across the 4' side.. 4' into the 8ft side.. so I had 4ft square to try and use a tool to clean under the roosts... I kept hitting the wall behind me and it was a royal pain to clean.

how to do elevation http://www.the-house-plans-guide.com/elevation-drawings.html

when I was a kid my dad built a 4x8 coop for me.. the door was on the end of the 8' side and the roosts were across the 4' side.. 4' into the 8ft side.. so I had 4ft square to try and use a tool to clean under the roosts... I kept hitting the wall behind me and it was a royal pain to clean.

how to do elevation http://www.the-house-plans-guide.com/elevation-drawings.html

I think i will make the roost so then can fold up, which i didn't think of til this mornin
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom