Order Up. Toaster oven Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Good morning eggies! Omlet, time to rise and shine!

Good Morning GIF by Taco Bell

#1&#2 don’t appear to be progressing as quickly as the others. Maybe they are just in a weird position but they just don’t look to be filling as much space inside the eggs as the rest. With the dark shells it’s hard to tell for sure what in looking at.

Coq au Vin I expect better from you! *cracks whip* Eat your veggies start absorbing more yolk!

I have been checking eggs shell temperature with an infrared thermometer when I turn the eggs. I don’t check every egg just a quick check near each corner and one somewhere near the middle. Over the past couple days the temperatures have been creeping up.
From what I understand this is totally normal chickens are warm blooded animals and during the last half of incubation the embryos start to generate some heat on their own. Ideally 100F is the target anything from 98.5-101.5 is acceptable. Today I measured two eggs at 101.8 So I so I adjusted the incubator temperature down just a bit.

The thermostat I’m using works only in degrees C I lowered the temperature by 0.2C(0.36F) to try to keep the eggs in a more comfortable temperature.

Back
Top Bottom