Order Up. Toaster oven Hatch-A-Long

Good morning eggies! Omlet, time to get your grow on!

Happy Good Morning GIF by yobegrafika

As day #0 comes to an end all is well. Nine of the 21 eggs have been claimed and I have edited the first post to add user names to the egg list. If I missed anyone please let me know. Temperature and humidity are well within acceptable range.

Attached is a graph from my govee thermometer. The big dip between 9-10 am is when the sensor was outside of the incubator to load the eggs at the start of the hatch. The following downward spikes are when the thermometer and all eggs were outside of the incubator for hand turning.
IMG_4322.png

The eggs got turned 6 times yesterday. The slight temperature differences shown between turning is due to the thermometer being in different positions inside the incubator. It’s a little warmer in the center and cooler near the corners. I have been moving the eggs around while turning so that none are in the cooler places the entire time.

I did check egg shell temperatures with an infrared medical thermometer and the coolest were 98 degrees the warmest were 101. For what it’s worth I do have a broody hen setting on 9 eggs out in the coop. She is 2 days ahead of this batch. Her eggs were 97-102 degrees so I’m not concerned with the temperature difference in the incubator. I’ll just stir them up a few times a day and everything should average out.
IMG_4326.png

I was counting the first day as day 0 but the app I’m using on my phone must start on day 1 because it says we’re starting day 3.
IMG_4325.png

Back
Top Bottom