Oregon

Just got done moving the new chickies in the brooder... The last one is hatching right now.
smile.png
Pretty good first hatch. 100%
Thats great!
wee.gif

So I walk into Wilco and heard a noise it was none other than the notorious peep peep and needless to say I walked out with 4 new chicks 2 light Brahmas and a Brahma bantam and a silkie bantom crap lol I just got the other girls into the run so my original limit was four which turn to six and is now ten....

So I walk into Wilco and heard a noise it was none other than the notorious peep peep and needless to say I walked out with 4 new chicks 2 light Brahmas and a Brahma bantam and a silkie bantom crap lol I just got the other girls into the run so my original limit was four which turn to six and is now ten....

It was hard for me not to walk out with some the other day. But I also knew I was gonna be getting chicks from a breeder come Monday, so that helped. I have not gone more than 2 months without having chicks younger than POL in my flock since May when I started.

I nearly gave in also. There were dark & buff brahmas, golden lakenvelders, silver hamburgs, wellies, marans. What saved me was the 3 from my first hatch and the 16 I'm hoping will start pipping on the 28th.

Yeah ... chick season. It's gonna be rough. I don't own 6 of every single breed yet.
hide.gif

But I SO don't want to do the brooder thing again. The September chicks just got integrated and have started laying. I need some "down time."

So excited met a breeder of oegb's, red pyles, duckwings, whites and a couple other colors coming April! 12 new babies to add to the five I have.....yes I know, chicken math, lol!

FARWEST HATCHERY, just north of Salem, does a large hatch of many breeds every TUESDAY. I called today and was told they are presold until early April but if I want just a few chicks I can call them on late Wednesday afternoon buy the over hatch and come pick them up that same day. It seems lot less stressful that shipping so I am going to give it a go and thought I would pass on the info.

The reviews here on BYC, mostly complains about the communication, aren't great but I called and found the staff very helpful. I will post again after I get my chicks.
There's a new owner...I've heard he's very nice.

Back
Top Bottom