Oregon

Not chicken related, but looking to re-home my two parakeets.

Anyone interested? No rush on them at all.

Asking $40 for their cage, the stand, both birds, nest box, last off food, water, and their toys. Pick up at Benton County fair grounds preferred. Her previous mate went to another member...and the "female" I got for her new non breeding buddy turned out male. Go figure. So they are a m/f pair. The girl has raised lots of babies, but I only let her nest 2x a year. She's moulting ATM. She's a real sweetie.

Have them on CL
http://corvallis.craigslist.org/pet/3432618907.html

3Ee3Fd3H85I85K15M3cbo242dc6d157bb1606.jpg

Last edited:
Are there more chicks available? Are they close by? I should bite my tongue. I really want to raise them through the winter but I may not have a place for them yet... BUT I really wanna! They are just the sweetest lookin babies!

More pictures or does Marge have more chicks available?

What area are you both from. The lady we get ours from is in hillsboro/aloha, right off of cornelius pass road. She has great show quality girls. We have been very happy with all of them we have bought from her. Here is a picture of our most recent girls.

My wife will probably wait to name them until we know who is boy or girl. She will likely go with a Shakespeare theme though as she is a drama girl. The only 2 we could show are the Partridge and Blue(recognized colors). The Paint and Porcelain are colors in development, but I liked them better than White or Buff(which I could have gotten). The Paint still has a little pink on the toes which would DQ it and one foot only has 4 toes. We will have to see about showing the other 2. That takes a lot of extra care and don't know if we will have that kind of time. Depending on how much we like them(I am sure we will) I may start breeding them and continue work on the non approved colors.

If the porcelain and paint are of good quality than they can be shown at most or all shows as an AOV (stands for any other variety). This is the class people can show any not recognized color or "project" color they may be working on. Paints are being shown now in some areas and are starting to do pretty well to. We have shown a porcelain pullet we used to have and she did ok getting BV once. If the paint has holes in the pigment (pink/white skin on the feet it will probably not do very well tho) would be best kept for a pet or for breeding.

Just a thot ;)

What area are you both from. The lady we get ours from is in hillsboro/aloha, right off of cornelius pass road. She has great show quality girls. We have been very happy with all of them we have bought from her. Here is a picture of our most recent girls.
Thats me. I do not currently have much for sale. I do have a couple buff boys from a breeder back east they are 3 months old and out in a coop with a small heat lamp at night because of the cold temps we have been having. I also have a hatch due in 2 weeks under a broody. Paint silkies and LF sizzles. For the silkies I used a paint roo over black hens (white hen was broody) and the sizzle is a paint silkie roo over my SQ black ameraucana hen so could be paint sizzles and the girls will lay blue/green to olive colored eggs. If you are interested in some chicks let me know. I have 1 person wanting a sizzle or 2 but I candled them last night and have 6 sizzle eggs going strong and 7 silkie eggs. I rarely loose eggs when they are broody hatched so am expecting most or all of them to hatch. The hen has hatched a few clutches so she knows what she is doing ;)

Quote: Thanks for the info. Still don't know if we will show or not(life is busy for us growed-ups) and yes the Paint does have hole in the pigment, pink tip toes, and she has 9 toes total.
Are there more chicks available? Are they close by? I should bite my tongue. I really want to raise them through the winter but I may not have a place for them yet... BUT I really wanna! They are just the sweetest lookin babies!
I will PM you Marge's contact info. She has about 10 left of the age I got(about 2 weeks now), 20 younger chicks(1 week), about 10+(3 week) and she has started birds as well I believe.

What happened I didn't get on for a few weeks and it was active now Oregon thread has stopped lol anyone out there
Well, I guess if you weren't going to be here -- Why bother!
frow.gif

Start a topic and hopefully a few will jump in, or we need to pull a few more from WA as that one doesn't pause to breathe sometimes.

Now we can begin our regular scheduled programming. I think the rain, cold, xmas-rush, etc. has damped the clucking....

Well, I guess if you weren't going to be here -- Why bother!    :frow

Start a topic and hopefully a few will jump in, or we need to pull a few more from WA as that one doesn't pause to breathe sometimes.

Now we can begin our regular scheduled programming.  I think the rain, cold, xmas-rush, etc.  has damped the clucking....

Tell me about it! My layers haven't laid in egg since last month, and my Bantams haven't since August. Plus all the girls are all holed up in the coop. They hate the rain.

Back
Top Bottom