Oregon

Quote: I just wonder where she got the B RIR ???
smack.gif
gig.gif
There's 6 B RIRs so far. :)
thumbsup.gif
highfive.gif
yesss.gif

Ended up with 8 chicks. Only one egg didn't hatch. :)

Making a trip up to Albany this afternoon for a non-emergency ER visit. She's going in for imaging and it's the place her doctor sent her.

Edited to add that we are bringing book to read since the ER is a notorious time-sucker!

Last edited:
Ya, know..... I REALLY love my Silkies. Great brooders. Great mamas.... but they sure are one sandwich short of a picnic. Not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. Not the sharpest knives in the drawer.... if ya catch my drift.

Ya, know..... I REALLY love my Silkies. Great brooders. Great mamas.... but they sure are one sandwich short of a picnic. Not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. Not the sharpest knives in the drawer.... if ya catch my drift.

That's exactly how I think about them, great moms sure, but only if they are smart enough to live long enough to become mommas
wink.png

I've had one Silkie; she was the lowest chicken on the totem pole, obviously not the brightest crayon in the box. She proved my point the day a hawk tried to nab one of the hens, instead of listening to my roosters the silly little thing practically fainted in the middle of the lawn
barnie.gif
I thought for sure that she was the one the hawk had attacked but as soon as I got over to her she got up and wattled away
smack.gif

I re-homed her to a safer home so she might have a better chance at surviving
tongue.png

I want a broody momma, but I'll try out a Banty Cochin before I even look at a Silkie again!
This is the little troublesome Yeti
tongue.png

They are dumber then a box of rocks. That being said one of my silkies is actually pretty smart .. She roosts with the "real chickens" (thats what we call our wyandottes). She free ranges by herself and attacks the dog... heehee... I love her
love.gif

That's exactly how I think about them, great moms sure, but only if they are smart enough to live long enough to become mommas
wink.png

I've had one Silkie; she was the lowest chicken on the totem pole, obviously not the brightest crayon in the box. She proved my point the day a hawk tried to nab one of the hens, instead of listening to my roosters the silly little thing practically fainted in the middle of the lawn
barnie.gif
I thought for sure that she was the one the hawk had attacked but as soon as I got over to her she got up and wattled away
smack.gif

I re-homed her to a safer home so she might have a better chance at surviving
tongue.png

I want a broody momma, but I'll try out a Banty Cochin before I even look at a Silkie again!
This is the little troublesome Yeti
tongue.png

she is sooo cute!

Back
Top Bottom