Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Granted, it is a Oriental Game thread; but it was a total of three posts that were a little off topic lol... Unless you count that one post about stoopid discussing her sentiments towards Old*Cowboy, a fellow thread member, and a recent BYCer whom passed away. Both which I share her opinion for, I never knew deerman. I can't recall if I ever even spoke with him, but I did read his posts and learning of his death saddened me.

So we'll count it up to four posts, three of which were not necessarily off topic. In the first post Gresh stated: "Please note that this thread is ONLY for Orientals/breeds with Oriental ancestry!" Which many classify a Sumatra as, their crosses and projects thereof would still be of Oriental ancestry technically even if it is part Giant. Earlier there were posts of Sumatra X Shamo's I believe, nice fowl at that I will add too. In my eyes a Sumatra (which is considered Oriental by many) crossed with a Giant is no different. Both Sumatras and Giants are non-game breeds, so if one happens to carry a little Shamo blood they are still just as much of a cross/mutt as the other. And they are probably even more so Oriental than Russian Orloff/Kraienköppe, but both are permitted to be in this thread though I doubt I will include my Kraienköppe here (I have a thread specifically designated to them).

I personally am kind of curious where Nate hopes to obtain the long crowing characteristic? But, I guess to let it veer back to games maybe the discussion should be taken to a thread specifically for projects.

God bless,
Daniel.

Last edited:
Granted, it is a Oriental Game thread; but it was a total of three posts that were a little off topic lol... Unless you count that one post about stoopid discussing her sentiments towards Old*Cowboy, a fellow thread member, and a recent BYCer whom passed away. Both which I share her opinion for, I never knew deerman. I can't recall if I ever even spoke with him, but I did read his posts and learning of his death saddened me.

So we'll count it up to four posts, three of which were not necessarily off topic. In the first post Gresh stated: "Please note that this thread is ONLY for Orientals/breeds with Oriental ancestry!" Which many classify a Sumatra as, their crosses and projects thereof would still be of Oriental ancestry technically even if it is part Giant. Earlier there were posts of Sumatra X Shamo's I believe, nice fowl at that I will add too. In my eyes a Sumatra (which is considered Oriental by many) crossed with a Giant is no different. Both Sumatras and Giants are non-game breeds, so if one happens to carry a little Shamo blood they are still just as much of a cross/mutt as the other. And they are probably even more so Oriental than Russian Orloff/Kraienköppe, but both are permitted to be in this thread though I doubt I will include my Kraienköppe here (I have a thread specifically designated to them).

I personally am kind of curious where Nate hopes to obtain the long crowing characteristic? But, I guess to let it veer back to games maybe the discussion should be taken to a thread specifically for projects.

God bless,
Daniel.

Thanks Daniel,

My thoughts exactly....as I read through this thread, I read about crosses and those certain ones making them didn't get attacked and called names...

Not trying to argue...just pointing it out...

If some people would read my post they would see that nowhere did i say i was trying to improve my Sumatras with Giants...that...started everyone jumping on the bandwagon...

Tomaru Longcrower....

Could someone point me to a thread that my project mutt/mixed birds would be accepted...

Thank you again Daniel,
Nate

Thanks Daniel,

My thoughts exactly....as I read through this thread, I read about crosses and those certain ones making them didn't get attacked and called names...

Not trying to argue...just pointing it out...

If some people would read my post they would see that nowhere did i say i was trying to improve my Sumatras with Giants...that...started everyone jumping on the bandwagon...

Tomaru Longcrower....

Could someone point me to a thread that my project mutt/mixed birds would be accepted...

Thank you again Daniel,
Nate
Anytime Nate. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/83659/breeding-projects not sure if there is another thread or not, but that is one that came up with a search. There hasn't been a lot of discussion on that thread, but it may pick up if you bring the topic to the surface.

God bless,
Daniel.

funny post
yuckyuck.gif

And as I looked at your pics I heard a long crow! I ilke the sound of a longer crow than of the regular "cock-a-doodle-doo"
But not the over minute long crows! Those are sweet lookin but EVIL sounding! How long do they crow for?
And now I am intregued! At first I thought like the others on this thread, but now I am wondering if I can aquire a stabilized
Hybrid pullet? Not any time soon but in the near future.... I will now follow your progress! Good luck!
Thanks for the encouragement in my project...

What do you mean by a "stabilized" hybrid pullet? I'm gonna hatch/keep about (20) F2 chicks...let me know if you need one...I hope they turn out uniformed.

You guys are scaring me with all this talk of projects and a "game" chicken flying in your face. You better listen to Walt and try to get on the right track. I would soup all that crossed up and mean stuff and try to learn something about breeding gamefowl. Anybody can put a rooster over a hen and make chicks, but a breeder is a different story...........Pop
I have to agree. It surprises me how many people think gamefowl are mean. In my experience gamefowl in general are some of the tamest fowl I have ever delt with. There is no way I myself would ever breed from a rooster that showed aggressivness toward a person.(They have a tendecy to pass that trait on to their offspring) A little biting is ok but out right aggressive toward people is not talorated. Just my opinion

I have to agree. It surprises me how many people think gamefowl are mean. In my experience gamefowl in general are some of the tamest fowl I have ever delt with. There is no way I myself would ever breed from a rooster that showed aggressivness toward a person.(They have a tendecy to pass that trait on to their offspring) A little biting is ok but out right aggressive toward people is not talorated. Just my opinion

I am relieved to read this. My o shamo nipped me in the back of the knee today. I just had a horrible rooster issue with a non-game roo. I think he was displeased at me moving into the pen and taking the treats with me instead of dumping some outside for his girls.
sharon

Back
Top Bottom