Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

how about them harris asil? they are reynolds or pakistani or ghan , right?

From what I understand, Harris's Asils birds are of Reynolds stock. He has had them, breed them to his liking, long enough which is why he calls them Harris. He has always, tried to maintian and follow the form and function with the MR birds as Reynolds did. I have been told that Reynolds and others , in those days, called his birds Pakistani, even Atkinsons.

I prefer a version of MR asil that have higher station, much like how Carr breeds his Harris Asil. I am lucky to be able to have a straight MR pullet from Mr. Harris.

Mr. SD__Paulo Mr. Saladin I would like your opinion. Do you consider Rampuri, Pakastini, Atkinson, and Spud Asil/Aseel ?

BK~
I hope this link is good starting point for you. There are many good books available too. I like Hosrt Shmudde book, as its the most current. Mr. Atkinsons book is also very good. One thing I have learned is that each author has their take on the fowl based on personal factors, contacts, exposure and era, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asil_(chicken)

From what I understand, Harris's Asils birds are of Reynolds stock. He has had them, breed them to his liking, long enough which is why he calls them Harris. He has always, tried to maintian and follow the form and function with the MR birds as Reynolds did. I have been told that Reynolds and others , in those days, called his birds Pakistani, even Atkinsons.

I prefer a version of MR asil that have higher station, much like how Carr breeds his Harris Asil. I am lucky to be able to have a straight MR pullet from Mr. Harris.

mine are 3/4 and 1/4 indian

my thai hens get along fine, they are not from the same batch. Just the roosters that I had to keep them apart. There are lots of way to keep the rooster apart. They can see each other as long as they don't reach each other. good luck

not sure paulo. he gave me these to grade into my wheaton line of cubalayas but he also made sure that i got a trio so i could breed them pure asil . the way i understood was all of them were 3/4 harris but the 2 hens were sisters and could be kept together without too much fighting. all of them are white legged and long tailed. one hen is the cinnamon colored wheaton and the other is the burnt brick colored wheaton

Back
Top Bottom