Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Cool, Garret. I'm gld I'm not the only one with chicks on the ground this late. Those game hens make life a lot easier than keeping a brooder running, huh? I really like those Tuzo fowl. Wish I knew more about them.

I'm in Tennessee I hatched 15 chicks was not a good idea have chicks free range .
On this season only one hen had kept four chickens and I believe is because she is my golden brooder.

Cool, Garret. I'm gld I'm not the only one with chicks on the ground this late. Those game hens make life a lot easier than keeping a brooder running, huh? I really like those Tuzo fowl. Wish I knew more about them.

Thanks Clint! I normally don`t hatch this late but these little birds are new to me and she went broody so I let have a go at it. It was her 1st time and as soon as the 3 hatched she abandon the nest. I sure she will do better next Spring.

Here is a link about Tuzo if you want to read up on them......

http://www.ultimatefowl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tuzo

Breakfast with the birds......

This breakfast morning was a blend of......

Boiled Egg
Scratch Grains
Crumbles
Rolled Oats
Green Leaf Lettuces
Red Bell Pepper
Cucumber
Green Onion
Celery leafs

Ya'll aren't the only ones hatching late. I had a black cubalaya hen from Virgina that decided to go broody, so I let her have the 5 eggs. I think she was mostly being bred by my dark BBR stag, 3/4 cubalaya, 1/4 Thai

I have an out door broody box with a small attached run. I put a heat lamp in the brooder and they seem to be doing fine.

Ya'll aren't the only ones hatching late. I had a black cubalaya hen from Virgina that decided to go broody, so I let her have the 5 eggs. I think she was mostly being bred by my dark BBR stag, 3/4 cubalaya, 1/4 Thai

I have an out door broody box with a small attached run. I put a heat lamp in the brooder and they seem to be doing fine.
That could potentially make some nice black reds.

some people said that you had malay bantams is that true if so are you selling any
If you're asking me, someone told you wrong. I have no Malay at all, but I do have cushion combed grade cubalayas that someone might have mistaken for malays.?
hu.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom