Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Well, I recently had a victory in the house and been inform I could (finally) have game bantams. I have quickly boiled it down to two (or three if there a breeder in the US!) oriental games; Ko shamo, bantam Aseel/Asil or Tuzo. I been starting to read this thread from the start to start studying and I am holding off for the sake of my standard not completely falling a part I plan on studying the ABA standard once I have it for more in depth memorizing.

Tuzos are nice healthy alternative to the big orientals,I have 2 breeding pair.
pics arent the best ,they are in mid molt and moving around in the fly.

Yea, I know the biggest "issue" is that people breed for really whatever they like to a point, so in the U.K. They are a color breed instead of a "look breed". I personally enjoy the more Aseel looking Tuzo but each their own ;)

Haha GM that not that bad of picture, at least they stayed in one corner unlike some flightly birds I've own.

Congrats Miss Heny on finally getting the okay for birds... I can only have hens here so I hopelessly drool over everyones roosters all breeds. Just more research time for me, when I retire I plan to move some place I can have roosters.. though I keep staring at the back bathroom and think I could sound proof it... lol (hubby will never go for that).

There are some really knowledgable folks bopping around BYC about the bantam game breeds.

I hope everyone had a great Holiday... I did have a revelation watching some dogs relatives where dog siting for other relatives, my chickens are better trained! Seriously my birds come when called... which is more than the dogs could do. Sad thing is I have not even been trying hard to work with the birds, I have had to much other stuff going on... but I am consistent with words (commands) and rewards... so training is happening. I hope the dogs get some real training soon as they are too big and strong to not come, sit or stay on command.

I have had birds for seven years but my biggest dream was to own games and to show some. My mom prefers fluffies so it made things tough for a while but there perks to being a adult now :gig and having 4H money to spend :D

Back
Top Bottom