Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Is @saladin still on here they had a wealth of knowledge from what I’ve read in the last 600+ pages please tag anybody else who is guru in Oriental pls thnks
Nope, haven't seen that person on. Haven't been active since 2017. I've read their posts too.

This is my first time raising Aseels(the guy at my avatar is a Puerto Rican Reza Type that weights 8 pounds), but I have an extensive knowledge of genetics in chickens, the combs on my birds are of the Pea type and while they look different than a Bankivoid the mode of inheritance is the same(they could also be an allelic mutation), but what I believe it's the source of the differences is that Aseels are structurally different all together than Bankivoids, their skin is thicker, their bones are thicker, their skulls are wider, their beaks are shorter.

Look at the skull of this pullet(mine)

1639159111052.png

My Rooster Pea Comb

1639159655924.png

Last edited:
This is my first time raising Aseels(the guy at my avatar is a Puerto Rican Reza Type that weights 8 pounds), but I have an extensive knowledge of genetics in chickens, the combs on my birds are of the Pea type and while they look different than a Bankivoid the mode of inheritance is the same(they could also be an allelic mutation), but what I believe it's the source of the differences is that Aseels are structurally different all together than Bankivoids, their skin is thicker, their bones are thicker, their skulls are wider, their beaks are shorter.
Asil, & Shamo are of the Malayoid group.
Malay behave more like a Pheasant with extra flock protective traits.

Will Asil, & Shamo behave the same way if allowed to be raised like a regular chicken like I am doing with the Malay? No fights have broken out between the males, which are now 8 months old, turning 9 months in January.

Will Asil, & Shamo behave the same way if allowed to be raised like a regular chicken like I am doing with the Malay? No fights have broken out between the males, which are now 8 months old, turning 9 months in January.
My Asil are very pugnacious, the males need to be separated at 6 weeks of age because they start quarrel and will fight to the death if the fight is not broken. Malays and Saipan Jungle Fowl in the USA are not as Pugnacious but will fight to the death if confronted by an Unknown Rooster.

What I am trying to say is that everything on Aseels/Asils/Malayoid is exaggerated so their combs follow that trait.

Edit.

In India you can also see Parrot Beaks with Pea and Rose Combs so their Cushion comb is the result of P/P, R/R

Last edited:
Asil, & Shamo are of the Malayoid group.
Malay behave more like a Pheasant with extra flock protective traits.

I've heard that Malays can be a little less aggressive than Asils. Never had any of my own Malays though. Might also depend on the individual or where they come from as well. I can say that the two Asil/Shamo flavored stags I have got along decent free ranging until about 8/9 months old. Now they stay in seperate pens and get let out to roam seperately....so I'd keep an eye out just in case they wake up one day and dont like eachother anymore lol.

@nicalandia
&
@MysteryChicken

You guys both have some really nice looking birds
@nicalandia that look your Pullet has is what I’m after and looks similar to the extreme version I posted earlier what asil bloodline is she . So from what Im reading you believe theses Extreme characteristics of the parrot beak including the extremely full cushion comb parrot style beaks and long tails are all ready in the blood and they just breed for it and was not introduced in with a different breed if so what bloodline of asil has this extreme beak tail and comb characteristic ? Do you think the comb can be replicated in any a breeding program that uses P/P R/R combs I haven’t see anything like it ever and only see it with this bloodline of asil (PBA) and just wondering why it has not shown up before this breed was brought to light don’t get me wrong iv see cushion comb and short beaks in asil lines before but not to the extreme like this if you get me

The reason why I’m am so interested is that I was told that no matter how bad I want one I will not be able to import it to the USA so iv talked to a lot of over sea breeders and some that are from Bangladesh that live here in the USA and they say they don’t know what was used or how it was made beside it being a very old breed and told me it would be impossible to try and replicate I figured I would just have to learn more and more till it becomes clear how they did it and try my luck with trying to get the same breeds bloodline they started with

Here is my Thia HMONG line
He is turning 5 mount old and should be pretty big when he is full grown he doesn’t even have his spurs yet just a baby still I will measure and weigh him soon and post

Attachments

• A828281D-0AA2-4E65-B77B-FC3A2E29F77E.jpeg
    A828281D-0AA2-4E65-B77B-FC3A2E29F77E.jpeg
    530 KB · Views: 10
  • 98766063-60B8-4BAE-8A34-0A54A5CDC359.jpeg
    98766063-60B8-4BAE-8A34-0A54A5CDC359.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 93C641BE-7198-437F-B28B-4D974CACD6E7.png
    93C641BE-7198-437F-B28B-4D974CACD6E7.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom